My Super8 before it broke :(

Speshul K

Likes Dirt

Unfortunantly it's broken now and in pieces, everything has been put onto an ID Dr Jekyll frame, I put some pics up of that soon.

But this is what it used to be:

Frame: Santa Cruz Super 8 Gen2 with Fox Vanilla RC
Fork: Marz Super T Pro's '02
Stem: Truvativ Holzfeller 40mm (Azonic shorty shown in pic)
Bars: Truvativ Holzfeller DH (Amoeba Rhino's shown in pic)
Shifter: SRAM X.9 Trigger
Brakes: Dice Whiplash
Rotors: Dice 8”
Grips: Ourys
Derailleur: SRAM X.O
Cranks and BB: Raceface Northshore DH and Raceface signature DH
Chainring: FSA 42t
Chainguide: MRP
Chain: SRAM PC-99
Cassette: SRAM PG990 11-34 9sp
Fr Hub: Azonic
Rear Hub: Hadley
Rims: Mavic 321
Tyres: Tioga DH 2.3
Headset: FSA XL II
Saddle: Azonic Love seat
Pedals: Dice

And also my home made DH rack, I made this a couple month ago (it was even before I saw grips creation so no sueing ok) Total cost of materials was ~$30. It works great except for a few scratches on the car when I don't tie bikes down firmly.

EDIT: That's better, next time I won't link the thumbnails

Butch

Likes Bikes and Dirt
farkin nice how did u find the super t's out of intreast ? and specs on the bike mate :wink:

Speshul K

Likes Dirt
Ok specs now up.

I haven't had any troubles with the supert's at all. I bought them 2nd hand from the states (ebay $450Aus!!), so I thought they might need a rebuilt when I got them but I guess not. Once they were setup right I haven't had the need to touch them, they have more than enough adjustment for me. They do seem to have a little flex in them but I don't notice it when riding. They seem to be a pretty damn good weight for a big fork as well. Put it this way, at the price I got them for I'm certainly not complaining.

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
Did you snap the rear swingarm?

Like this

or this

Ahhhh...... the memories. God i loved that bike, but my newie is soooo much better. Grip can repair the swingarms BTW.

-Matt

Speshul K

Likes Dirt
The only difference is that my bike is white :)

Yeah such a nice bike to ride. I did speak to gripsport but the Santa Cruz rep is doing a great trade in deal on a V-10 for me! Can't wait to get on that.

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I can see why you snapped it, look at all those bullet holes on the down tube!! :lol:

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
Yeh, i was offered a similar deal but i wanted the new v10, not the old one as it's too long, slack, quishy and heavy.

I really like single pivot bikes so i went the turner. Couldn't be happier 8)

udi

swiss cheese
Looks like Grip summed it up....

don't waste a nice frame like that man, just get it fixed and ride it again!

tu plang

knob
yum, S8s are one of the few single pivot bikes i like the look of.

not to mention the oppurtunity to forumspam grip... GOLD BABY

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
Meh... I can't find any pics to throw back at you toop... so this'll do... get stuffed :p the button stuck down on the keyboard. :roll: Geez, can't get away with anything around here.