My SX's

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Guys...

Well I thought it was time for a little update because well most of the updates are throughout the post, so I thought I would make it a little easier
A little bit more money has been spent and I think she is looking really really nice now. New forks, new seat and a few other things has made the change, and I like it, hope you all do too.

I must say this has been the best purchase I have made. It is a great do it all bike, and it really excels in the 4X scene, just so beautiful to ride. It is so easy to handle, and is just so nimble, and just a hell of a lot of fun. If you ever are looking at spending some money on a 4X bike, I highly recommend this frame.

Enough Jibber Jabber, here are some pics. This how the bike is at the moment, hopefully some new handle bars soonish, but cash flow isn't great.

Spec List:

Frame - 2006 Specialized SX
Forks - Rock Shox Revalations 426 Dual Air
Shock- Fox RP3
Colour - White & Black
Rear Derailleur - Shimano Shadow XT
Chainguide- E13 LG-1
Chain Ring - E-13 34t
Shifter - Shimano LX
Crankset - Shimano LX
Chain - Shimano with Sram Power Link
Cassette - Shimano XT
Brakes - Shimano XT 4 Piston
Rotors- Shimano XT
Brake Levers - Shimano XT
Hubs - Shimano XT
Rims - Mavic X223 Disc
Spokes - Dt swiss
Tyres - Front: Specialized Adrenaline Rear:Hutchison Python 2.0
Pedals - Crank Brothers SL
Stem - Husselfelt 40mm
Handle Bar - Specialized Enduro
Seat Post - Syncros Derived
Seat - Fizik Gobi

From this...

To this...

And just recently this was purchased.

Hope you guys like them, I sure do.

Last edited:

Disturbed.Rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is this going to be one of those threads in which we get updates when you buy a dust cap?
Or update it with new pics of the parts we've all seen?

Even so, at least this time we're starting witha major thing like the frame (which is bloods nice, I must say)!

LIAM?!

Banned
Is this going to be one of those threads in which we get updates when you buy a dust cap?
Or update it with new pics of the parts we've all seen?

Even so, at least this time we're starting witha major thing like the frame (which is bloods nice, I must say)!
Stop hating, those threads are awesome :D
cant wait to see it built up mate!

pinned--->

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Don’t worry, Nick has no intensions of making a rubbish thread like that. He’s just excited for his new frame and thought he would show people before he built it. Should be built up with the xc spec by the end of the week? right?

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, Ben is right.

It won't be an update everytime I get sometime, but as it progresses.

Everything on it will be awesome except for the forks. I need to get new ones, but at the moment my pockets have moths coming out of them, so it will be a little while, so I will have to stick with my Manitou SX something or other's.

Can't wait to ride it.

Oh and the parts as I said will be LX-XT gear so it should be sweet. :D

pinned--->

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, Ben is right.

It won't be an update everytime I get sometime, but as it progresses.

Everything on it will be awesome except for the forks. I need to get new ones, but at the moment my pockets have moths coming out of them, so it will be a little while, so I will have to stick with my Manitou SX something or other's.

Can't wait to ride it.

Oh and the parts as I said will be LX-XT gear so it should be sweet. :D
What about bars, wheels, stem, seat etc?

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What about bars, wheels, stem, seat etc?
Probably keep the stuff I have now, as far as Bars, Stem and Wheels go, but I was given a seat from Craig (The Owner) as a little surprise so, that was good.

If I do need new bars or stem, I will get them as I think I need them, if that makes sense. :D

pinned--->

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Probably keep the stuff I have now, as far as Bars, Stem and Wheels go, but I was given a seat from Craig (The Owner) as a little surprise so, that was good.

If I do need new bars or stem, I will get them as I think I need them, if that makes sense. :D
Pfttt I would have given you a seat. :p I'll have three after I get the sdg.

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, well as much as I love that SX too, mine isn't quite going to look like that. :D

Still be will be very nice ride, I hope. :D

floody

Wheel size expert
Ahh "buddy" it isn't. SX Trail (orange) is not the same as SX (White as seen here). SX Trail is a 160mm travel freeride frame, SX is a short travel MTN-X frame.

Anyway, awesome, should be a good project. Wish I had one.

shred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ahh "buddy" it isn't. SX Trail (orange) is not the same as SX (White as seen here). SX Trail is a 160mm travel freeride frame, SX is a short travel MTN-X frame.

Anyway, awesome, should be a good project. Wish I had one.
SNAP!!! this knows his shit!!! how about posting up a spec list of whats goin on ay??