AM My ZERODE TANIFA! ! Only one in WA!

discofrank

Likes Dirt
So after looking for something different and hearing lots of positive news on the zerdoes
posting a question here about pinion equipped bikes..
I had a msg from rod from Crankin! ( and a few emails from an overly excited kid! )
im pretty sure i annoyed him! )
received_10154778703982563.jpeg
received_10154776156562563.jpeg

we have a frame here for XXX

and of course i jumped on it !
keeping costs low
I was able to use stock giant carbon rims ( single speed spacer kit on the rear which i actually had! ) , dropper, bars,seat,brake and a set of newly rebuilt 160 rct3 pikes
( yes the blue is going! )

should be spinning this 12 speed beast this evening!

Logic

Likes Dirt
Looks beautiful mate! Keen to hear your oPINION on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Z

Zaf

Taniwha you animal!!!

But also very nice looking rig. I'm so tempted to go to a gearbox MTB but just haven't been able to justify the outlay or find one that has all the features I want. Keep looking at the Nicolai Ion GPI series of bikes as well, but the bottle cage placement is killing that for me a little. Know of anyone who's converted a Taniwha over to belt drive as well? I like the idea of no external maintenance when going to it.

Also really wanting Pinion to make a hydraulic or electric shifting method for the box to ditch the grip shift. Looking forward to the ride reports though!!

discofrank

Likes Dirt
Taniwha you animal!!!

But also very nice looking rig. I'm so tempted to go to a gearbox MTB but just haven't been able to justify the outlay or find one that has all the features I want. Keep looking at the Nicolai Ion GPI series of bikes as well, but the bottle cage placement is killing that for me a little. Know of anyone who's converted a Taniwha over to belt drive as well? I like the idea of no external maintenance when going to it.

Also really wanting Pinion to make a hydraulic or electric shifting method for the box to ditch the grip shift. Looking forward to the ride reports though!!
my thoughts are the ease of maintenance, no need for yearly cassette and chain / chain ring replacements etc
plus no need to adjust shifter when i hit something!

discofrank

Likes Dirt
so far so good!
only a short ride... basic single track
can definitely feel the weight of the box down low, rear end feels very firm and planted
the gearbox ratio range is INSANE! i have gone from a 1 x 10 to this...
1st gear is so short its hard work ! haha and 12th fark!

need to get a few minor setup issues ( ie bit fit measurements etc ) transferred over
then play with the shock/fork

ohh so silient too!