Mystery flies

Matt H

Eats Squid
I woke up this morning with a hefty hangover at my girlfriend's house and went downstairs to discover probably at least a hundred flies covering the insides of the windows and screen doors. There was no food left out, the bins stay in a cupboard and the entire house was sealed. I cannot fathom how they got into the house (or why), but I did enjoy wreaking havoc with a can of raid.

Does anyone have any theories (be creative) as to what happened? If there's frogs or locuses inside tomorrow then I'll start getting worried.

mars mtb

Likes Dirt
More than often it is something dead in the roof or beneath the house, like a big rat or rats, sometimes may be a dead cat under the house, possum in the roof? It will then only take te slightest gap or them to come through. The eggs would hv been laid earlier in the carcass and they've hatched and want to get out. If you can't find it, it shouldn't last more than 2 weeks max.

Happened to us.

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
We've had a similar experience.

Woke-up one morning to find loads of flies around the place, they were juvenile though. Basically, what had happened was that maggots had crawled out from the bin and made they're way under a rug, where they matured into flies!