Mystic DH

treble

Likes Dirt
Parts of Caros were already gone when I went up over the long weekend. Shame, I love climbing up that way to the top

Mystic mtb mentioned something about new trails being built to replace the torn down ones, but there was no mention if they were downhill specific or not

Mattyp

Cows go boing
A mate of mine was up there this weekend and seemed to think it was the last day to ride Mystic DH.
Going to miss the Eiger Alternate line too, good bit of tech at the top into such a fast and loose run down through a tunnel of trees, with some nice catch berms to line up and bounce off...kept you on your toes.
That whole section of tracks is (was) good fun, and most people don't even ride it.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Part of the cycle of things in bright (no pun intended). I dont think there are any specific plans for another trail yet.

I think the place is ripe for a little investment but haven’t heard anything about that happening any time soon.

I remember when the lower section of hero was lost and eventually was replaced with shred Kelly which i think most people would agree is a massive improvement so change can be good. And everyone should know that the trails as Mystic are on borrowed land. There for a good time but not a long time (unless you count 20 years as a long time which, to be honest, is pretty good).

LPG

likes thicc birds
Damn, I've just organised 4ish days in bright in the beginning of March. Mystic DH is one of my favorite non-local trails. Only consolation is its a family trip before my wife finishes maternity leave so I probably only have max 3 hours riding per day if I get up early. Saves me trying to pedal to the top with a full face too many times.

Mystic mtb has just posted an update on Facebook, not good news, looks like the whole park is pretty much going to be gone.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Mystic mtb has just posted an update on Facebook, not good news, looks like the whole park is pretty much going to be gone.
Not sure what you're talking about there @dhisbest - Image below shows logging area shaded red with a band of orange potentially being shut for a short time for safety. As previously disclosed, Mystic will go as will Eiger, Tree Hugger and Caros. Looks like the top of World Cup is in danger which I didn't realise but you can transition from Elevation into World Cup lower down. Some trails including Shred Kelly's might be shut for a bit while logging happens close by which could be annoying but then trail will stay.

EDIT: I guess I am making an assumption that the orange section is 'temporary' track closures but on review, it's not clear.

Not sure what you're talking about there @dhisbest - Image below shows logging area shaded red with a band of orange potentially being shut for a short time for safety. As previously disclosed, Mystic will go as will Eiger, Tree Hugger and Caros. Looks like the top of World Cup is in danger which I didn't realise but you can transition from Elevation into World Cup lower down. Some trails including Shred Kelly's might be shut for a bit while logging happens close by which could be annoying but then trail will stay.

EDIT: I guess I am making an assumption that the orange section is 'temporary' track closures but on review, it's not clear.

View attachment 386004
You might be right, this is just my two cents. I was just assuming that potential track closures may be permanent, I don’t think the logging company give much of a shit about the park.
Also with the top of World Cup gone that will pretty much close the until you can rejoin at the top of Hero, where the maintenance has been non existent and has substantially deteriorated over recent times. Additionally with mystic gone Boogaloo will only be accessible via riding up, not something I am against, just when I travel to Bright I ride the shuttles.
With these changes it makes shuttling almost pointless as there is now very little gravity riding, for me anyway.

Personally I just think it’s extremely disappointing considering the premium that has been paid on shuttles which has gone to the park, whready there has previously been zero maintenance(I know there are some workers that are paid by the council which mainly just cut back xc trails) and no new trails built that havn’t been constructed with government grants (Hero and shred Kelly). I know there has been a couple of throwaway comments regarding the construction of new trails, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Lastly i just find the post on Mystic park Facebook completely bizarre where they speak about the park evolving and the exciting times in regards to logging.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
You might be right, this is just my two cents. I was just assuming that potential track closures may be permanent, I don’t think the logging company give much of a shit about the park.
Its not that they don't give a shit about the park, (they appointed the ACP to look after it) Its that they do give a shit about the trees they planted so they can cut them down and make profit. Letting people use the plantation for recreation while the trees do their thing is just a bonus for us. There are plenty of plantations on private land which are fenced off.
For me Bright became a Pedal up only destination when they introduced the gate-fees for private shuttles. The shuttle days are too heavily focused on Hero trail, even the seperate bus that goes to the summit will take on Hero's if it is not very full and drop them off on the way up, Its bad enough waiting around at the bottom for a ride up, and then also waiting for the extra unloading and minor detour on the way up.
Anyway, its easy enough to get to Boogaloo along Hazeldine rd if you pop out form WorldCup or Curtain, little bit of a pedal but its probably only 20 or so meters of vert.