Narbethong/Granton - best bike?

thumpr

Likes Bikes
Just putting this out there, what do you think would be the ideal bike for the narbie/granton tracks?

ie. 4x, hardtail or DH style bike? inches of travel? specific bikes and brands?

I ride these 90% of the time and want some ideas for my next bike

Cheers

Wednesday

Likes Dirt
Apart from the fact you shouldnt be riding Granton at the moment, you could hit either track up on a decent AM bike thats set up for some moderate drops and hucks. No need for a full blown dh rig although more travel means more fun! I have ridden both but usually kinglake on my reign x1 and have no dramas but enjoyed it more with my old big hit and stinky.

bike_nerd

Likes Bikes
we've been hitting narby on all mountain bikes, just ride the top 2 sections then ride up the fire road again, they're the best 2 sections.

jsbighit

Likes Dirt
Apart from the fact you shouldnt be riding Granton at the moment, you could hit either track up on a decent AM bike thats set up for some moderate drops and hucks. No need for a full blown dh rig although more travel means more fun! I have ridden both but usually kinglake on my reign x1 and have no dramas but enjoyed it more with my old big hit and stinky.
why shouldnt we be riding granton????

L.P.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i seriously dont believe granton and narbi are (or in grantons case, were) as fun on my reign X than on my v10. they are both fairly seriously rough. narbi, at least the top two sections would be sweet on an all mountain bike, but the fast sections after that would be fairly white knuckly on something 6" or less...