Narrow wide chainrings - the best of them....

placebo

Likes Dirt
I'm in the market now for a new chainring as the current is worn and dropping chain alot. The current one is a raceface and I've been happy with the two I've had thus far but they seem to wear out quicker than the cassette which is still working really well with heaps of life.

I know wolftooth is proven and seem popular here but anyone know how the one up rings are?
Wolftooth stainless chain rings were developed because of this, and I've used them in both 30 and 32 tooth versions and rate them highly. More expensive, about 35g heavier, not available in oval, but longer wearing. The sides of the chainring teeth also don't wear visibly like aluminium rings, so chain retention might also be better later in their use compared to aluminium rings, but I've really only used wolftooth stainless rings throughout 11 and then 12 speed single chainring groups.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
I've been on a Hope 34t for 4 years and it's still essentially perfect.

Had RaceFace drop chains after a year.
Tried BlackSpire and had no issues but wanted to move from 32 to 34 so also moved to Hope.

No RAGRETS.

moorey

call me Mia
I've been on a Hope 34t for 4 years and it's still essentially perfect.

Had RaceFace drop chains after a year.
Tried BlackSpire and had no issues but wanted to move from 32 to 34 so also moved to Hope.

No RAGRETS.
Any other reason for going to Hope? :p

PJO

in me vL comy
Wolftooth stainless chain rings... More expensive, about 35g heavier, not available in oval, but longer wearing...
They are available in eliptical stainless in both 104BCD (32tooth only) and direct mount using their proprietary CAMO system (in 30 and 32 teeth).
Having said that, getting your hands on one could be difficult.

placebo

Likes Dirt
They are available in eliptical stainless in both 104BCD (32tooth only) and direct mount using their proprietary CAMO system (in 30 and 32 teeth).
Having said that, getting your hands on one could be difficult.
It's been a couple of years since I've bought one, might give an elliptical one a try next.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I'll back that up. Changed both bikes to Oval after a trial and went 2T larger on the chainrings in the process. It also feels like a smoother delivery of the power as well as it being lighter
I concur. I stayed the same size, then went smaller with oval. I'm old, fat and unfit. Won't go round again anytime soon.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Was wearing out alloy nw rings after 6-8 months. Got a Race Face nw steel ring, the weight weenie in me didn’t like it but 2 years and still going.

I tried an oval ring from Works Components, felt no different to a round so once it wore out just stuck to round ones!