National 24 solo champs in 2011?

akashra

Eats Squid
Looks like doing a 12 hour last week didn't hurt Stu at all, awesome to see him so far up there. Can't wait to see the 10am results, so I'm winding my watch forward in the hope theyll come sooner :p

Lots of new names on the results, and big name pulled out - including both Sam and Scott chancellor, what happened there?

carlgroover

Likes Bikes
Loving the updates & pics, I've been on the edge of my seat waiting for each update. (thanks Russ)

A lot of great performances but Jo Wall, Ed McDonald & David Ludenia have stood out in this race, great work.

I have been wondering what happened to Bec Parkes after a strong 15 laps?

Wishing I was on the track rather than online :(

John Evans

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Loving the updates & pics, I've been on the edge of my seat waiting for each update. (thanks Russ)

A lot of great performances but Jo Wall, Ed McDonald & David Ludenia have stood out in this race, great work.

I have been wondering what happened to Bec Parkes after a strong 15 laps?

Wishing I was on the track rather than online :(

John Evans
Haven't seen you for ages big guy!..what gives?..Ludenia, blue mountains machine!

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Last edited:

akashra

Eats Squid
Just rang one of the pit crew, Stu had a bit over a 3 1/2 minute gap on the last lap, he's losing about 2 a lap, but he's powering through the last lap and just coming around the back side of the mountain now.

DaGonz

Eats Squid
Can anyone remember the last time Jase lost one of these races?...
The Master.
The last one was against Andy Bell. Jase went on to win the scott that year with Andy Bell in 2nd from memory (or could have been the other way around) maybe in '07? maybe he didn't race it that year? he's won it 08,09,10,11 now

Clackers pushed hard in 08 from memory but finished a lap down in the end, and in 09 both Dan Mackay and Andy Fellows pushed him hard through the wee ours and into the morning after Clackers went stupidly hard and blew up early. There was only minutes in it for D-Mac. Can't remember last years race, I was sick and went home early

Cheers
Spoonie

Ahh, Spoonie, I should have known you'd chip in with a comprehensive history of the exploits of 'the English'... nice wrap!
Yep, I was thinking the last one he lost was Canada in 08... but that doesn't count if you have a broken back i spose.

Anyone know if the 'double' has been done before... marathon and 24 hour Aussie champ in the same year?