National Cup

davidg

Squid
It's an equally shit marketing campaign then if that was their intention from the outset. Basically zero mention of the National Cup across social media, no updates on the point scores or event results just a results page with no details and the occasional mention of an event on their Facebook page. I don't think anyone i race or ride with has ever mentioned it let alone planning their season around it!

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I does seem to be somewhat underwhelming at the moment
Wasn't the one we did on the weekend supposed to be a Vic marathon round? Pretty low key if that was the case. And if it was, then why was it only listed as 3 age categories when mtba has about 10 per gender lol.

moorey

call me Mia
Wasn't the one we did on the weekend supposed to be a Vic marathon round? Pretty low key if that was the case. And if it was, then why was it only listed as 3 age categories when mtba has about 10 per gender lol.
It wasn’t long enough for National Cup marathon (60km), but the allowed it. NFI on categories, but a single male class for everyone in an event like this is a bit rough.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It wasn’t long enough for National Cup marathon (60km), but the allowed it. NFI on categories, but a single male class for everyone in an event like this is a bit rough.
Says the guy bumbling around out the back

But I agree with you. I think maybe mtba will take the results and classify them for their categories? I was talking to the kid who overtook me at the end and he was mentioning he gets max points since he was basically the only one his age racing, meaning he finished first in category. I'll take his word for it since he's leading his national category and has been traveling around doing all the points scoring rounds. Interesting kid, fast too!