"natural body building supplements" vs anabolics

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Day 1 - Heavy Bench press (work up to 3 reps as heavy as we can, then drop down to do some more volume sets), 3x8 OHP, Super sets barbell row and pull ups, then some accessory lifts (Dips, flys, rear delts, maybe some machines)

Day 2 - Deadlifts - heavy + lots of sets, calves and biceps

Day 3 - Heavy back (barbell rows, to at least max bench press weight), more pullups (weighted), bench press (maybe pause reps/higher rep sets), OHP and some other shoulder excercises + tricep pull downs

Day 4 - Random leg day - Front squats, lunges, calves, some more biceps work

Day 5 - Heavy shoulders, Bench press, supersets of barbell rows and pullups, more accessory lifts

Day 6 - Heavy Squats, calves and biceps

Day 7 - Rest (bikes!)
This is a weird schizophrenic program I am struggling to make sense of, with a weird over-focus on biceps in this program, many accessory muscles are being used nearly every day. Rest periods between training are when muscles grow, not during the actual training.

Issues:

Legs – Mon/Wed/Fri
You say heavy, your heavy might be different to my heavy, or you’re a beginner (low load), or perhaps you’re on the gear.
48 hours between leg sessions is not long enough to recover if it is an actual heavy session, 3-4 days (64+ hrs) is the norm. But volume or intensity will dictate this to a large degree. A longer break between retraining legs, means more hypertrophy and strength more is not better.

Biceps:…
You realise you are training biceps on Mon (rows / pullups), and on Tues (biceps), and in Weds (pullups), and on Thurs (biceps), and on Fri (rows and pullups), and sat (Biceps), and I wager some sneaky bike curls on Sun.
If you train the same muscle every day, it gets a little bigger then it completely plateaus, it also pre-fatigues the muscle, so in compound lifts, its able to lift less weight, resulting in less load on the primary agonist, which is gets less ‘gainz’ because of this.

Shoulders:
You may have put these in a random order, but Fri, shoulders prior to bench press? Delts is an accessory muscle to bench, you do this after the main compound lift. Post. Delt, is also working everytime you do bicep curls, and deadlifts, pullups, its not getting any rest in this program.

Triceps:
Why do triceps on a back day (wed)? It compliments bench, although you aren’t doing bench the next day which is good.

Heavy back day after a deadlift day:
Both days are using many of the same muscles, the spinal muscles get flogged (in a good way) from deadlifts, and upper back is used heavily in deadlifs, barbell rows the following day is an issue.

Cycling:
Why do heavy squatting the day before cycling? Aerobic activity attenuates protein synthesis from resistance training, this is called concurrent training. You’re only getting 24hrs tops of growth when you could be getting >48 hrs for the same effort.
Maybe modify program to do upper body the day before.

cameron_15

Eats Squid
This is a weird schizophrenic program I am struggling to make sense of, with a weird over-focus on biceps in this program, many accessory muscles are being used nearly every day. Rest periods between training are when muscles grow, not during the actual training.

Issues:

Legs – Mon/Wed/Fri
You say heavy, your heavy might be different to my heavy, or you’re a beginner (low load), or perhaps you’re on the gear.
48 hours between leg sessions is not long enough to recover if it is an actual heavy session, 3-4 days (64+ hrs) is the norm. But volume or intensity will dictate this to a large degree. A longer break between retraining legs, means more hypertrophy and strength more is not better.

Biceps:…
You realise you are training biceps on Mon (rows / pullups), and on Tues (biceps), and in Weds (pullups), and on Thurs (biceps), and on Fri (rows and pullups), and sat (Biceps), and I wager some sneaky bike curls on Sun.
If you train the same muscle every day, it gets a little bigger then it completely plateaus, it also pre-fatigues the muscle, so in compound lifts, its able to lift less weight, resulting in less load on the primary agonist, which is gets less ‘gainz’ because of this.

Shoulders:
You may have put these in a random order, but Fri, shoulders prior to bench press? Delts is an accessory muscle to bench, you do this after the main compound lift. Post. Delt, is also working everytime you do bicep curls, and deadlifts, pullups, its not getting any rest in this program.

Triceps:
Why do triceps on a back day (wed)? It compliments bench, although you aren’t doing bench the next day which is good.

Heavy back day after a deadlift day:
Both days are using many of the same muscles, the spinal muscles get flogged (in a good way) from deadlifts, and upper back is used heavily in deadlifs, barbell rows the following day is an issue.

Cycling:
Why do heavy squatting the day before cycling? Aerobic activity attenuates protein synthesis from resistance training, this is called concurrent training. You’re only getting 24hrs tops of growth when you could be getting >48 hrs for the same effort.
Maybe modify program to do upper body the day before.

There's definitely a few mistakes in the above, we certainly don't do deadlifts and heavy back on consecutive days.

Regarding Legs, my heavy is 160kg's for squats and 210kg's for deadlifts. On these days we start with sets of 5 and progressively increase from there, with the heaviest set being 2 to 3 reps. The mid-week leg day is usually front squats or box squats at 100kg's 3x8 or 3x8 lunges.

Biceps are thrown in with legs as we weren't training those in isolation at all and on some days we don't train them due to fitting workouts around study and other commitments. In my previous workout split biceps were done on back day.

I do train shoulders before bench once per week with OHP followed by bench. On these days we'll again work up to a max set of 2 or 3 reps, then follow it up with bench press for 3x8. Consistently benching first made it hard to progress my OHP for months, when we do OHP first we can hit heavier weights.

I sneak in a mountain bike ride wherever I can - it's rarely once a week and more like once a month at the moment :( I take any chance I can get!

I do welcome your feedback though and will acknowledge that my workouts are a little ad hoc. The main premise is to spend a good amount of time performing the compound lift at the start. Do you think it'd be better to revert back to a more traditional Chest/back/legs split?

safreek

Well I was out walking Burt this morning and it suddenly dawned on me that I am choking my body foodwise.. I eat well from around 11ish but from 10 or 11 at night to 11 in the morning all I have is a bowl of cereal with almond milk and a proto shake, well under 500 calories, feel quite mongish actually. More gains coming me thinks.

To those wondering why I am doing this on a MTB site instead of a bodybuilding site, well everyone on bb sites have a different idea of what works, on this.site most only comment with proper knowledge. Also this should allow non bodybuilders to see what changes you can achieve even in your 50s, my determination to prove building a big solid body is easily attainable without steroids ( I will let you know if I go that path, just fair I think).
To be honest the 100kg mark is only a goal for me, the family won't disown me if I don't get there (I will)

Have also been inspired by a bloke in his 20s, he started out at 70kg around 3 years ago (3kg more than me, same height)and benches 130, I intend on.beating this young pup by march at the latest, how is this possible you ask, well to be honest I don't feel like my test levels have gone down as much as they should, or else how is it possible to be catching up so quickly to a youngster.
People can use whatever excuses they want as they get older but the plain fact is laziness holds them back more than anything

rednightmare

Likes Dirt
Well I was out walking Burt this morning and it suddenly dawned on me that I am choking my body foodwise.. I eat well from around 11ish but from 10 or 11 at night to 11 in the morning all I have is a bowl of cereal with almond milk and a proto shake, well under 500 calories, feel quite mongish actually. More gains coming me thinks.

To those wondering why I am doing this on a MTB site instead of a bodybuilding site, well everyone on bb sites have a different idea of what works, on this.site most only comment with proper knowledge. Also this should allow non bodybuilders to see what changes you can achieve even in your 50s, my determination to prove building a big solid body is easily attainable without steroids ( I will let you know if I go that path, just fair I think).
To be honest the 100kg mark is only a goal for me, the family won't disown me if I don't get there (I will)

Have also been inspired by a bloke in his 20s, he started out at 70kg around 3 years ago (3kg more than me, same height)and benches 130, I intend on.beating this young pup by march at the latest, how is this possible you ask, well to be honest I don't feel like my test levels have gone down as much as they should, or else how is it possible to be catching up so quickly to a youngster.
People can use whatever excuses they want as they get older but the plain fact is laziness holds them back more than anything
I think you have to work out what you're trying to prove, who you're trying to prove it to and why you're trying to prove it. Sounds like it goes much deeper than an interest in weightlifting.

safreek

I think you have to work out what you're trying to prove, who you're trying to prove it to and why you're trying to prove it. Sounds like it goes much deeper than an interest in weightlifting.
Nar. Not really. No difference than people posting photos of their bikes and.telling people how their day was when they went mtbing today
I think that you are seeing too much in it.
If I can get one lazy fuck to change their lives, job done. I also ride bikes, maybe that is a substitute penis, I don't know. Don't over think think things dude

safreek

But yes I am intent on smashing through past the gains of the young pup

Rob9

Squid
Interesting thread, Mywifesirrational seems to know his shit although none of the pics and half the links in this thread aren't working for me, unsure if this is due to the platform move.

I had low T and was on TRT for about 12 months but I went off it because at least to my awareness it made little to no difference. Doc put me back on it recently, I objected but he insisted due to links with heart disease of which my family has a strong history of. Single dose of axiron wasn't shifting my T levels at all and so recently the dose has been doubled.. again I don't feel any different, due for some more bloods son to see if my T has come up.

The whole TRT thing to me seems a bit vague with a whole lot of opinions that all contradict each other, testicular atrophy and the required supplement of other hormones, excess being converted into oestrogen, not being able to stop TRT once you have started.. I feel like a guinea pig an have nfi what this is doing to my body. I say stick to whats natural and by that i don't mean whats written on a package but appropriate diet and workout routine.

Jim Stoppani is an interesting character, I would recommend looking at his products and research.

PS I am now a overweight office worker with a bad back that gets puffed tying his shoes so take what I say with a grain a salt.

safreek

OK, I'm back. Rob, it must be disappointing that the trt isn't working, I would.of thought with trt you would of been a new man.

I have injured some tendons in the last couple of weeks, probably have gained to much strength over a short period of time. A gain of 90kg in benching over 10 months was probably a bit.too much for this old body to handle. All of my lifts pretty much trebled in weight over that time so I thought I would combine bodybuilding and powerlifting together, bad move as.I was overworking the tendons, not overworking muscles . thought I was hard enough to work threw the pain, silly move as it just got worse and has hampered my gains. It has been 2 weeks or so since the cortisone shots in my shoulder and elbows and the pain is subsiding. Time to start lifting again but only very light weights. Shall keep you informed

safreek

Ok, so the cortisone actually made the pain worse, another month out of the gym, got.back to the gym in early Feb with the help of anti inflammatory drugs.
Pain is still there but if I take the drugs the day before they allow the workout to happen.
Just got back to a single bench of 100kg so life is bearable although not as impressive as I hoped, should have been into the 130s by now.
I have a fucked knee so I can't use squats and deadlifts as a gauge of strength, legwork is done on machine only.
Had finally decided to do the nandrolone thing to help the pain, saved for a few weeks to get the spare loot to buy all the stuff including pct, the order was going to go in on Monday.
Burt the dog decided to get Ill yesterday, bang goes the juice money to the vet, guess it wasn't to be just yet.
Natural for another while

safreek

But just for reference, this bloke had shoulder problems so tried nandrolone therapy. He was able to workout without the pain and lift to his strength limits instead of pain limits, this is what happened in 12 weeks. Pretty impressive hey
Trenbolone-before-and-after-pictures-300x300.jpg

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I wouldn't say impressive...freakish perhaps. Have you considered going for ripped rather than jacked? You know lighter weights and focus on a real cut defined look rather than mass?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I wonder if the nandrolone also gave him a free hormone induced haircut or did he visit the barber instead?
Just wondering....

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I wonder if his balls shrank in proportion to the growth in his muscles.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Freediver

I can go full Karen
But just for reference, this bloke had shoulder problems so tried nandrolone therapy. He was able to workout without the pain and lift to his strength limits instead of pain limits, this is what happened in 12 weeks. Pretty impressive hey
View attachment 343311
That didn't happen in 12 weeks, growth just doesn't happen that fast. Anybody who says it did is trying to sell you something.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
My cock makes that kind of transformation in a matter of seconds. If I'm really lucky it is ready to reverse the transformation in matter of seconds as well.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
My cock makes that kind of transformation in a matter of seconds. If I'm really lucky it is ready to reverse the transformation in matter of seconds as well.
We may seem interested but don't really need to know. I hope no hard to get rid of mental image pops up now.

A handful of Nagano snow shoved down the goolies would also give the effect of 'roided nads.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk