Top Tube Length 58.5 - 58.9 Cm
Seat Tube Range CC 58.6 - 59.1 Cm
Seat Tube Range CT 60.3 - 60.8 Cm

Bike:

https://www.merida-bikes.com/en-au/bike/614/scultura-4000

Last edited:

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I only looked at 189cm and can simply conclude XL. Haven’t even looked at the bike specs !

EDIT ... it’s a roadie. At least 59cm, which would probably be spot on.

maxwolfie

under-the-radar comedian
I only looked at 189cm and can simply conclude XL. Haven’t even looked at the bike specs !

EDIT ... it’s a roadie. At least 59cm, which would probably be spot on.
Yes, so I figured... then I used Merida’s sizing calculator (click on the bike link). The calculator put me almost in the middle of Large.

EDIT:

This may help.

The bike that I felt way too stretched out on (the Krypton) had a reach of 405 and a stack of 595.

With this in mind I can either:

a.) shorten my reach by 11mm and lower my stack by 2mm (i.e. go with the Large).

or

b.) shorten my reach by 4mm and increase my stack height by 24mm (i.e. go with the XL).

Last edited:

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Have you sat on the large but can’t test an XL?

On the L, was a large drop from saddle to bars a reason that you felt so ‘stretched out’ on the Krypton? Is the Krypton with lower stack the race geometry version of the one you linked to?

Specs say they come with a 110mm stem. The shop may swap out a 100mm for you.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
i also think do, you could even go a 90 stem, try & find a bike shop who havn’t cut down the steerer savagely either, couple of spacers to lift the bars up will help you, my inseam is about 83, am a Large -56, but have a couple of steel bikes, one us pushed out to 59..feels comfortable.
PS on the bike i’d b going disc, rim brake models are worth next to nothing 2nd hand

these with disc/105 demo are heavily discounted scultura disc
here’s a sydney one with tiagra sydney, not quite as good a deal, but tiagra is fine

maxwolfie

under-the-radar comedian
Have you sat on the large but can’t test an XL?

On the L, was a large drop from saddle to bars a reason that you felt so ‘stretched out’ on the Krypton? Is the Krypton with lower stack the race geometry version of the one you linked to?

I haven’t sat on either yet but I will. I am just trying to have a better idea before going in.

Regarding the 2011 Krypton, I think it was a combination of both the long reach and lower stack height.