Need help from anyone with a tape measure and a 29er!

ViS

Likes Dirt
I'm currently away from home (Darwin, and the trails up here are pretty damn good for a place with no elevation!).

I brought my 26" duallie up here with me, but I need some 29er wheel measurements for the dude designing my new Ti bike frame. If anyone has at least a 2.2 wide tyre on their 29er, could you please measure the outer diameter (or axle to tallest point on tread even) and exact width of the tyre?

Ideally I need the max dimensions of a 2.4" tyre, but having a few measurements of 2.35 or 2.3 etc would give me a good idea of clearance on the proposed chainstays and seat tube. I'll probably only be running a 2.1 or 2.2, but would like the option to put a bigger bag on it in the future.

I could wait until I got home to measure my other wheels, but I could get the ball rolling a couple of weeks earlier if I could get the measurements now.

So if you could post the make, model and dimensions of what you are running, I'd be very appreciative.

Cheers ;)

Last edited:

mudmav

Likes Dirt
If you can wait till tomorrow night i can give you measurments of a maxxis ardent 29x2.25 and also an ardent 29 x 2.4

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Check the Schwalbe web site tech section, they give measurements for different tire sizes.

Hugor

Likes Dirt
Bontrager 29-4 Team issue (2.4)
Width 58mm Diam 74.5cm

Looking forward to pics when completed