Need help on Dirt jumping

Jennetti

Likes Bikes
Hey guys i have got a great norco 2010 ryde and it does wonders for me. I am able to jump a reasonable sized jump with it but i have trouble with larger ones. Any tips on how i can jump further and also other ways to get more height. I know scrubbing is meant to work but it looks gay as so any way to maintain speed and distance and pop off of that last jump with amazing height would be great! Thanks guys!

ferntreekid

Likes Bikes
other ways to get more height and scrubbing don't belong in the same sentence! the whole idea of scrubbing is to jump as low as possible in order to get your wheels back on the ground to get more power down!

Ducky Punk

Banned
kid you need to learn to pump /thread

i can use a kids chain bike and air just as high/long as the kids the pedal there balls off in the flyout but dont know how to pump

Jennetti

Likes Bikes
alright boosting then. I tried scrubbing today and did get more speed for my jumps but still cant get the height on the next one.

Brodie_78Kt

Likes Dirt
Be relaxed in the air, straight arms on the upramp and lean back a bit.

If your right foot forward then lean back to the right if your left lean back to the left.

Dont scrub, your doing dirt jumping not 4x, be relaxed focused. The best riders dont need to go faster to make the jump but rather its in there style, it cant be tought but rather felt out...

Jennetti

Likes Bikes
Be relaxed in the air, straight arms on the upramp and lean back a bit.

If your right foot forward then lean back to the right if your left lean back to the left.

Dont scrub, your doing dirt jumping not 4x, be relaxed focused. The best riders dont need to go faster to make the jump but rather its in there style, it cant be tought but rather felt out...
ok thx mate

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Learning to boost help me get thru a bit of a plateau ... and although speed is always nice to have ... judging your speed so that your not mashing all the way up to the kicker helps with the "relaxing" in the air thing.

Spotty

Likes Dirt
Once you've got the length down pat, pull the bike up with your legs as high as you can, so that your knees are bent with the bike close to you. Also try 'boosting' kinda like bunny-hopping at the top of the jump.