Need help to chose a GT.

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah true, I'm the same for the Sanction, hard to buy one blind without testing it at lest on the car park. That's what's I said to my LBS. Otherwise price wise you have to admit they are pretty good. The YT sounds as well from feed backs and same price, you just have to put the bike together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My lbs is doing red hot deals on GT. He's a small shop, but sells so many he gets ripper deals from distro. Another mate got his new helion cheaper than a 99bikes ex-demo. :dance:

mlucko

Likes Dirt
If you get a chance mate, shoot a PM through to Rick (Sethius), he's a mate of mine, and has owned both the Sanction and the force, he should be able to give you the answers you're looking for and hopefully point you in the right direction.

cheers
Matt

Rem

Likes Dirt
My lbs is doing red hot deals on GT. He's a small shop, but sells so many he gets ripper deals from distro. Another mate got his new helion cheaper than a 99bikes ex-demo. :dance:
What's your LBS, I'm pretty sure your are from Vic, is that Dynamite something?

Rem

Likes Dirt
If you get a chance mate, shoot a PM through to Rick (Sethius), he's a mate of mine, and has owned both the Sanction and the force, he should be able to give you the answers you're looking for and hopefully point you in the right direction.

cheers
Matt
Ok cheers man

Rem

Likes Dirt
Thanks for all your help, I solve my problem I hope, I just got a YT Capra, I will post a picture as soon as the rig turn up.
Cheers

Rem

Likes Dirt
I bet they were really easy to deal with too.
They pretty easy to get in touch, and very helpful. The price is not negotiable because it's a direct sale. After reading tons of reviews the Capra is always on the top Enduro bikes. I would love the Sanction, but I didn't know too much what to expect, and I really didn't know how the paint colour look like ( even though I'm not riding the bike for its colour). Also the Capra comes in XL. And it can be send back no questions ask within the few first days.
It should be here in a couple of days. Thanks

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
They pretty easy to get in touch, and very helpful. The price is not negotiable because it's a direct sale. After reading tons of reviews the Capra is always on the top Enduro bikes. I would love the Sanction, but I didn't know too much what to expect, and I really didn't know how the paint colour look like ( even though I'm not riding the bike for its colour). Also the Capra comes in XL. And it can be send back no questions ask within the few first days.
It should be here in a couple of days. Thanks

Yeah, I have heard that Capra are good to deal with also. I hope it all goes well and it's a shame you never got the bike you really wanted.

One thing with the GTs is that the paint is always is of high quality, but some of their colour schemes are horrendous.

There is a well known bike chain that sell GT but every time I go to deal with them it's a nightmare. They always try to sell me another bike and say how bad GT is, while none of them have ever ridden or had any experience with one and secondly they advertise a bike online, when you go to order it, mysteriously it gets sold that day or they don't have it in my size.

I noticed that they haven't brought in any of the 2017 high end models and trying to flog off the 2016 models for a lot of coin instead.

Rem

Likes Dirt
Yeah, I have heard that Capra are good to deal with also. I hope it all goes well and it's a shame you never got the bike you really wanted.

One thing with the GTs is that the paint is always is of high quality, but some of their colour schemes are horrendous.

There is a well known bike chain that sell GT but every time I go to deal with them it's a nightmare. They always try to sell me another bike and say how bad GT is, while none of them have ever ridden or had any experience with one and secondly they advertise a bike online, when you go to order it, mysteriously it gets sold that day or they don't have it in my size.

I noticed that they haven't brought in any of the 2017 high end models and trying to flog off the 2016 models for a lot of coin instead.
Yeah I'm sure the Sanction could be a good bike. But I received my YT which is XL frame not L like for the Sanction, and I took it for two rides, It didn't took long to get used to the bike. The geometry is great, well balanced bike and definitely a weapon downhill. Surprisingly the bike climb pretty well too. The Lyrics in the front is faultless. It's only the beginning so I should come down may be, but so far so good.

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
Looks like you done well and wouldn't it be great if Gt would sell direct.

I don't think you will hear many complain about pikes except for sometimes they get a crown steer creek and there is a few after market upgrades for them also I hear.

Last edited:

Rem

Likes Dirt
Looks like you done well and wouldn't it be great if Gt would sell direct.

I don't think you will hear many complain about pikes except for sometimes they get a crown steer creek and there is a few after market upgrades for them also I hear.
Yeah true, I don't know why GT doesn't sale direct and it so much pain to get a bike.
I edited my post for the forks, I was talking about the Lyric not Pikes. Cheers