Need help with upgradeing Super monster T too ti springs extra heavy springs &Part

tomac204airshift

Likes Bikes
hi and i am sill new here and i not don"t post alot so bear with me, just i have got a piar of marzocchi super monters t year 2003 and i had found the stock springs are too weak for me and my bike , so i was hopeing to upgrade them to some like extra heavy pound springs and hopeful some made from Ti , has it will help to take down the wight, yes it the fork wight a bit right now do any of you know of any bike shops in Au with old stock or some one with 2 hand ones , but for right now i am happy with highter pound find in steel spring you can find , i try to look in alll ebay's and other online shops, do not have them any more , or do any you know a place in au that can make a costom set Ti springs,
, i have got new crowns for them to make them lighter, from a other set much older fork from 1998 , but the thing is i don't know if it safe to use with the 12" fork
i can post pic later if you like thank you for your time ;)
i have rewrite some of it and starting to make a new wall that hold my 650 kg of bikes, i dont need a other piar's fork i.e have some the newer and harder fork's find to buy and find, , it take me 1.5 years to find this set, and $1000 i don't real care what cost to get the job done thank you. and to other's that had been try to help me thank you , i may take the idear about useing fox 40 ti springs if any you have some ti 40 springs for sale plz tell me
monsters t clamps.jpg
some fool bad mod work.jpgsuper monsters t.jpg

need new parts Bend my super monster t they not working right now

hi agian, i hope would any you know were i can a after market fork brace or a the oem 2003 m brace

Update 2012/05 i blend my brace one by 8 mm , has well has i like to get some new or 2 hand 12" stanchion tubes and blend stanchion tubes not to bad can the be fixed and the axle too is blend , and snap 24 spoke out the 36 i had in the , what i can"t work out my rim did not get blend, one bit after i had take out all the old spoke , if any has info were i can any parts au plz tell me thank you

update reblend brace it back with alot for heat, i found how i did not have a working rebound side it fix now , ( changer oil to 30 wight working great , any upgrade my rear shock to avalanche

Last edited:

donny70

Likes Dirt
I personally don't know of anywhere that makes custom Ti springs. Upload a picture of the fork though, it sounds interesting...

0psi

Eats Squid
The first problem you have is trying to use a very large boat anchor as suspension. Trying to save weight by putting a Ti spring in it is like trying to put out an oil rig fire by pissing on it, it ain't going to make much difference.

I'm not one to hate on gear but seriously those things are crapola, save yourself the heart ache and buy some new forks. Take a look in the trading section or ebay and you should be able to find an old set of 888's or some old Boxxers for about $300, which is a much better option. Then stick the Super Monsters on the wall as an awesome piece of art as they do a much better job of being art then suspending the front of your bike.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Then stick the Super Monsters on the wall as an awesome piece of art as they do a much better job of being art then suspending the front of your bike.
Before you put them on the wall though, attach them to something like a Karpiel, with some Profiles and Gazzalodis (tape two seats together for extra Bender cred); then put that on your wall.

Then, when your wall falls down rebuild it like a man, with 8" steel beams.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Get measurements of some 40 springs. Perhaps 1 40 spring, and 1 6" monster spring, or chop a 40 spring. You'll need to make a joiner to stop the springs flapping about too much. A joiner with machined angled slots the same as the springs, then cut the ends off 2 40 springs, and wind em on to joiner maybe. Joiner will need a divider to stop springs going to far.

Last edited:

nicklouse

Likes Dirt
hi and i am sill new here i not don"t post alot so bear with me, i have got a piar of marzocchi super monters t year 2003 i found the stock spring are too weak for me, so i was hope to upgrade them to extra heavy springs and hopeful ti , has it will take down the wight, yes it wight a bit right do any of you know any of you know any bike shops in Au with old stock or some one with 2 hand ones around has i have look in alll ebay's and other online shops, do not have them any more , or any know a place in au that can make a costom set Ti springs,
, i have got new crowns for them to make them lighter, from a other set much older fork from 1998 , but the thing is i don't know if it safe to use with the 12" fork
i can post pic later if you like thank you for your time ;)

Ok a bit of guess work here (picking bits that seem to make sense).

the older crowns will not fit as the spacing is different.

and I have never found any alternative springs for the Super Monsters.

why do you need stiffer springs?

and for Donny

one of these forks has 200mm of travel

clicky for bigger image.

0psi

Eats Squid
Before you put them on the wall though, attach them to something like a Karpiel, with some Profiles and Gazzalodis (tape two seats together for extra Bender cred); then put that on your wall.

Then, when your wall falls down rebuild it like a man, with 8" steel beams.
Bwahahaha!!!! I've always wanted a bender special actually, maybe along the lines of a Disco Volante with Risse Bigfoots up front :) I don't think I'd ever ride the thing unless I wanted a good laugh, it would just sit on a stand in the corner of the living room looking awesome.

Actually, to the OP, if you want some cash to get a decent set of forks let me know.

tomac204airshift

Likes Bikes
help for spring rates and how much oil to use

i been read some more about spring rates. i found this post from rotorburns dose this work out talbe for super monster t has well .i had found i have red springs which from this table i was guess it means i have harder spring you can get in steel i only found after changeing the seals, last nite i got some real monsters t seals sill in a seal pack i guesss they like over 7 years old are they silll any good to use they don.t use a form seal in the middle of the seal and the dust seal , or sould i got some after market Enduro Seals are they any better , the oil was very dark not clear colour . And i need to know how much oil to use one each side of the fork legs and what oil it best i hear you sould use hight wight oil then 7.5 wight told to use in stock setup, ok i read from mtbr review one dude was useing for 230 pound rider 30 wight oil , i am only 195 pound with gear on, what is the best fork oil to use with this fork , and what wight oil sould use i use with them,

Fox 40 Spring length is 480mm
Blue code spring = 40lb
Green Code Spring = 45Lb
Yellow code spring = 50lb.

Dorados / xvert carbons
Blue soft = 60 lb
red medium = 80 lb
yellow firm = 100 lb

Monster T's Spring length is 320mm
Green = stock springs in 99-02 monsters = progressively wound springs, start at 2.5 kg/cm and ramp up to 3.5 kg/cm (14lbs/inch to 19.6lbs/inch)

Yellow = Soft = 2.5 kg/cm (14 lbs/inch)
White = Medium = 3 kg/cm (16.8 lbs/inch)
Blue = Firm = 3.5 kg/cm (19.6 lbs/inch)
Red = heavy = 4 kg/cm (22.4 lbs/inch)

Shiver Spring length is 334mm
Soft = 2.7 kg/cm (15 lbs/inch)
Medium = 3.2 kg/cm (18 lbs/inch)
Firm = 3.7 kg/cm (21 lbs/inch)

Boxxer Spring length is 390mm
White = Soft = 10lbs/inch
Silver = Medium = 15lbs/inch
Yellow = Firm = 20lbs/inch
Red = Extra firm = 25lbs/inch (??i think??)

888 spring length is 300mm
Soft = 2.7 kg/cm = 15lbs/in
Stock = 3.1 kg/cm = 17lbs/in
Stiff = 3.4 kg/cm = 19lbs/in

nicklouse

Likes Dirt
yes they do not use any foam rings as they are open bath.

oil levels are 140mm (up to 80kg or 135mm / over 80kg) from the top of the leg with the internals in place but the fork compressed.

again there are no alternative springs listed for the Super Monster.

yes there are for the 2003 Monster (5) and the 2004 Monster (4)

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
I ran a 6" Boxxer spring inside my 6" Monster Ts on my Tandem and heavier oil, worked fine.

0psi

Eats Squid
Okay, so I'm guessing that you are just doing this for a bit of a larf, which I wholeheartedly endorse. Measure up the spring you currently have and start calling good (key work 'good') moto shops, preferably one with a strong motocross race background (Such as Ballards Offroad) and they will more than likely have something that will fit or at least will be able to source something. I'm thinking something off a teen bike may do the trick.

Just to be clear, I'm not taking the piss, the Super Monster (The original one anyway) was just a little moto fork as Marz started life as a moto suspension manufactuer before branching out into bicycle suspension.

tomac204airshift

Likes Bikes
need new parts Bend my super monster t they not working right now

hi agian, i hope would any you know were i can a after market fork brace or a the oem 2003 m brace
thank you

Last edited:

taquar

Likes Dirt

i blend my brace one by 8 mm , has well has i like to get some new or 2 hand 12" stanchion tubes and blend stanchion tubes and the axle too, and snap 24 spoke out the 36 i had in the , what i can"t work my rim did not get blend, one bit after i had take out all the old spoke , if any has info were i can any parts au plz tell me thank you
What?

So, you are looking for some new 12" stanchions? Id suggest you try ebay? It might be the easiest option. And as for the spoke thing, how the hell did you snap 24 spokes? What were you doing?

dilzy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Seriously would not bother with Ti spring, just a very large waste of money.

I f$%king love super monster t's. They are so rediculous, I'd love a set just to hang on my wall and that's where they should stay.

If your doing it for the retroness and don't have any fuzzy ideas about the performance, then I salute you.

If you want a DH fork that performs, buy a 2012 888CR, rip out the cart, insert Avy cart, insta-Boss performance (see what I did there?)

I can't really tell which you want because I can't understand your blob of text. If English is your 2nd language then your doing better than me, but if it's your first......seriously, kids these days.

tomac204airshift

Likes Bikes
hi all look i got the fasters boat anchor Ever make now new frame GT It1

i Cut up Fox 40 Ti springs Years ago .. IT WORK WELL But i kill the frame the rear
die

i need so help i don't rember how much oil it use it ?
i think i use 20 wight oil

what your take on it any help would be good

i try aftermarket seals they were shit .. never use them for more 1 ride and die

i use the real one agian after 10 year in bin parts it look good

i mixed 1998 crows with 2003 crows. costom make streer tube made for off set .

means i can use 0deg strem or 25 mm

thank you all

Last edited: