Need more air

Mud Gecko

Likes Bikes
If you want to go high you need to really boost off the lip. In the video it looks like your 'popping' to early. It's scary at first but you do get used to floating/flying..... practice practice practice. :)

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Looks like you need to lift the rear more too, sort of scoop the rear end up with your feet and pull the bike up under you.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
And extend...you need to extend your body up away from the bike, then bring the bike up to it. If you crouh and stay down on the bike, your bike won't go very high. It needs to be fluid though and beware the dead sailor!

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Massive improvement.

I reckon you're at the point where it's just time to keep practicing and it'll all come together. Experiment with moving the bike around underneath you, just have fun with it.

si618

Likes Dirt
I reckon you're at the point where it's just time to keep practicing and it'll all come together. Experiment with moving the bike around underneath you, just have fun with it.
Yup, that's the aim :)

Thanks for all the advice guys, appreciated!

Hopefully this thread helps others learning to jump, so I'll keep at it and post another video as I progress.

z18turbo

Cannon Fodder
Thanks for posting, I am in the same boat after starting riding again at 40. Used to ride BMX and could jump well on double, spine, bowl etc but have been struggling with height on my endure evo on some of the hits on the trails I ride. This has given me a few different things to try.

Cheers,

Jarrod

si618

Likes Dirt
Some good tips here, I've made all these mistakes :)

[video=youtube;VwBDzITzpZo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwBDzITzpZo[/video]

Unfortunately, due to a few people axing themselves on the jumps I showed before, the builders were forced to mellow them out, so they're not as good as they were :(

stewyh

Likes Dirt
So I'm an old fart trying to learn dirt jumps, and suck
You and me both! Wrong side of 40 but giving it a crack. Took me a while to stop instinctively absorbing the lip. I think I'm still going early on the lift though, not getting the pop off the lip I should be. Getting better gradually. About the same level as you I'd say. Those are some sweet jumps there, my local ones aren't quite as nice.
Enjoy!