need new spare wheel set

Refreshinglygood

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm on the hunt for an inexpensive 2nd set of wheels. I've spotted the mavic on XT over at torpedo 7, TBSM were selling the jet blacks for $319, anyone spotted any other deals worth checking out???

Big JD

Wheel size expert
I'm on the hunt for an inexpensive 2nd set of wheels. I've spotted the mavic on XT over at torpedo 7, TBSM were selling the jet blacks for $319, anyone spotted any other deals worth checking out???
Hi RFG,

I have a set of barely used Jet Blacks with rotors/cassette/ adaptoers for QR/15/20mm/ stans rimstrips and tyres for sale for $300. I purchased them for commuting and sold the frame after two weeks. PM if that is of interest. They are in the photo on the Swift. I removed all the decals - ugly.

Cheers
JD

Attachments

Clyde Dave

Likes Dirt
Hi RFG,

I have a set of barely used Jet Blacks with rotors/cassette/ adaptoers for QR/15/20mm/ stans rimstrips and tyres for sale for $300. I purchased them for commuting and sold the frame after two weeks. PM if that is of interest. They are in the photo on the Swift. I removed all the decals - ugly.

Cheers
JD
Sorry to get off the topic, but, how was the Swift? I think they are a great looking bike and seem to be pretty god value, but don't see any out there on the trails.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Swift

Sorry to get off the topic, but, how was the Swift? I think they are a great looking bike and seem to be pretty god value, but don't see any out there on the trails.
The Swift was purchased as a commuter to replace a frame that cracked. I already had a HT 29er and really needed a road bike so I sold it two weeks ago. I only rode it off road once - rigid and ss and really enjoyed the experience. It was surprisingly compliant (more so than my old alloy Ventana) and the angles are spot one with the suspension corrected fork. It was stiff, perfect size, silent, capable, stunning to look at, very quick and climbed well. They are great value for money through local importer and well supported. If I was looking for a steel HT it would be my first choice.

JD

Clyde Dave

Likes Dirt
The Swift was purchased as a commuter to replace a frame that cracked. I already had a HT 29er and really needed a road bike so I sold it two weeks ago. I only rode it off road once - rigid and ss and really enjoyed the experience. It was surprisingly compliant (more so than my old alloy Ventana) and the angles are spot one with the suspension corrected fork. It was stiff, perfect size, silent, capable, stunning to look at, very quick and climbed well. They are great value for money through local importer and well supported. If I was looking for a steel HT it would be my first choice.

JD
Whenever I get the shits with the track ends whilst changing a flat on the Karate Monkey I swear I'm gonna get a swift, but then I start riding again and forget about it!! Until the next time....

krisko

Likes Dirt
PXC-2 from Giant can also be picked up for a song. Lightish at 1900grams very stiff and great hubs DT Swiss 350's.

I run these on my SS and love them, not bad for a brand new wheelset at $200ish...