Nerang outlook

morticus

Likes Dirt
Nah I was referring to the other line that has the whale tail and ends with the step down, 40+ foot double and 35+ foot hip in to gapped berm. comes down onto the car park instead of up to it.

raso

Likes Bikes
the bottom left line has just been rebuild and tested on the weekend . it worked well but is still abit dry and powdery so will remain closed
for awhile yet !

walkietalkie

Likes Dirt
I'm keen to see some new footage of this side of the hill.
That footage that Freeo posted was that side of the hill, but the line you speak of is further down/take a left line halfway down.
Sections have just been reopened over the weekend (disclaimer: there are remedial works in progress)

SF and some of the crew have worked the rings of their backsides for the last few months to get it up and going.

morticus

Likes Dirt
That's the track i walked up when i was there a few weeks ago, almost tripped over my jaw the whole way up the hill. I mind rode the f*ck out of that! Super impressive

blkluxy73

Likes Bikes
went there today for the 1st time and have to say was blown away how many good lines the place has to offer,glad i signed to save it good luck to the club up there...

tomac204airshift

Likes Bikes
Save Nerang outlook Agian

look like it not going to live this time:heh:

Posted: 18 hours ago Quote | Report Post
Just last week on the news and quite unexpectedly, the local city council have decided to remove the structures that make our home track known worldwide. Against our wishes, this is going to have a major impact on what we have built from the ground up, for everyone's enjoyment.

This is where you come in, if you can spare a moment of you time to fill in the details here> Outlook
and show your support. Our Facebook> Outlook FB, I am just throwing it out there! We really need a voice and ask that we can count on other riders to support us!

I appreciate every moment you can put into this.....

Thanks
miloatomik

Posted: 39 mins ago Quote | Report Post
Thanks to all you secret squirrels out there.....

Need a lot more though....have less than 24 hours before we can submit to prevent any works being done!

Thanks.

Ridenparadise

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm not part of the Outlook riders alliance and I haven't built there. I have ridden there once and some of the basic old trails were fun. However, that one ride was enough to let me know I wouldn't ride there again - too big for me, ever. I've been back several times though, because the place is so outrageous and awesome. Even if no-one is riding, it represents a part of MTB that has to be preserved. No not preserved - Honoured.

The Outlook represents the pinnacle of MTB trail construction. To be able to manufacture the shit they build there, you have to have an intimate understanding of the hill, the soil, the shovel. It must be hard using a pick and shovel with such big balls in the way and still get it right! While I doubt the original lads were too sad over the deconstruction of 50-100m sections of rickety, elevated, skinny slats 3+m above the ground, the gaps, hips, drops and walls are something else entirely. Mastery deserves recognition, even if the average rider will never have a place (on a bike) on the Outlook.

Please lend your Facebook support to the Outlook, but don't go feral. Unless things have changed behind the scenes over Easter, City of Gold Coast has not yet reviewed the IMBA trail audit, nor said which features have to change, let alone said the place is closing. When they do sit down to decide on the trail audit recommendations, there is at least one proven supporter of MTB on the council crew. Without Naomi, there would be no Old Tambo trail. She has been at every QORF (Qld Outdoor Recreation Federation) MTB forum I have attended for years and has been a big part in guiding City of Gold Coast to support MTB. For a non-rider, Naomi is an amazing asset. The Outlook lads are not backed into a corner. They certainly have our support and I will make sure Naomi knows it from our perspective* too.

Long live The Outlook. City of Gold Coast has a very big investment in international tourism. The Outlook is a feather in their hat, but something they are nervous about because they could never have built it alone, ever and are still trying to establish standards that include it. I shouldn't say so, but having an international event on The Outlook that gets more online hits than the Comm Games XC MTB is something I would love to see.

* With best wishes from MTBtrailcare, Nerang

Attachments

any one want a race, with a tricycle agian this dude, on the outlook if you win i will give $1000 cash , :dance: i be they this week i am fly down to ride it, before it get rip part (

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwCwhTJN3JM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFIneCafmwY&spfreload=10
Unreal! The amount of work that would of been put into that would be crazy! And to be taking down would be a sad day. I've been here a few times, not for a few years there's prob's been some change but I hope that it does stay and something good comes out of this! Good work fellas keep it up!