Nerang over Xmas

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Hey Boys and girls, I’m heading to Qld over Xmas and taking my bike with me. Staying in Nerang and looking to hit up the MTB Park.

Looking at Trailforks there is a boat load of trails in there and will have on 2 Mornings to get the most out of it so I was hoping a local could put me a hit list of trails I should do as a priority while I’m there.

Or if there is a regular ride that hits the trails would love to try tag along.

I’m handy enough on a bike, fitness could always improve but I’m after quality not quantity.

Cheers Burners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Cheers for that, I’ll do those loops first. I’m hoping when I get there some one will take pity on the lost guy and show me around if not I’ll just keep riding as many different tracks as I can fit in.

What’s the technicality like there, from what I’ve seen on YouTube it seems pretty tame but that can be deceiving. Is there anywhere else around Nerang I should give a go?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Since I've been they've put in the Commonwealth game trails which apparently are signposted but nothing there is terribly hard. One thing that I did find is everything on the right side of three sisters climb (towards the quarry) is very rocky including some of the climb up.

That place will be packed out over Chrissy so there will be heaps of people to ask but I'd bring a some sort of Garmin with you, it's not hard to get lost there either.

Last edited:

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Champion thanks for your insight, I’m just looking forward to riding somewhere different.

marks

Likes Bikes
If you want technical / jumps check out Boomerang Farm Bike Park on facebook.
As Flow_rider said make sure you take some sort of trail map in the Nerang it is easy to get lost in there plus take bulk water.