Nerang - this Friday/Saturday

mr_anderson808

Cannon Fodder
Hi all,
I'll be hitting the trails at Nerang State forest on Friday afternoon (the 4th) & on Saturday.
Some company would be great if anyone is around, especially as I don't know the area.

Skill wise, I'm pretty slow through technical stuff (not much experience), but my legs & lungs are strong.

Thanks,
Clinton

walkietalkie

Likes Dirt
What are you riding XC? Be happy to show you around.
I used to hit it all on my XC but keen to take my DH rig out for some track fun and just enjoy being out there.
Cheers

Ridenparadise

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can't help Friday arvo or Sat AM, but if you are around Sat afternoon after 2.30, PM me and we can get a ride together. I have a mate who is off work Friday and is pretty much always keen for a ride, although we have quite a bit of trailwork taking up our time lately so I will have to check and get back to you.

Another alternative for Sat afternoon is the club ride which starts at 2.30 for the fast group and 2.45 for the rest. It starts at the LBS which is only 200m from the trailhead - www.justridenerang.com.au/ There is a $5 fee for insurance cover on that ride. You should go to the shop anyway as there is a detailed map of the trail system there (on the counter near the service area down the back), but having a guide is still pretty important. Remember the golden rule of Nerang - if the sun is at your back in the afternoon, you are going back to Nerang.

Another thought and not advertised yet is that the new track at Hinze Dam is open now. To get to it you have to park on the western side of the dam and ride over it. It is a 5km loop, looks good and was made by one of the pro builders who did Mt Joyce a little farther out west.

mr_anderson808

Cannon Fodder
Walkietalkie - I'm on a XC bike (nerang, QLD). I should be able to get there by 1:30-2:00 on Friday

BOOFDTL - ill be back in Melbourne next week (Abbotsford now), keep in touch, I'm still on holidays for January so loads of free time to kill

Ridenparadise - ill let you know if I'm going to be around Saturday arvo.

Thanks everyone!

Clinton

rj-c

Squid
Ridenparadise - is this new Hinze Dam trail signposted? Would you have any more detailed directions on how to get there/where to park?

Thanks

Ryan

Hellyeah

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah some more info on the hinze dam would be very nice.
If its built by the mt Joyce guys it should be gooood

Ridenparadise

Likes Bikes and Dirt
http://www.gcmtb.com.au/home/images/stories/documents/hinze_dam.pdf

The trail loops down to the locked gate, then near Duncan's Rd and then up past the dam wall on the coast side. As you can see, the entrance is from the Nerang-Murwillumbah rd and you ride across the wall. That is pretty impressive in itself. I haven't seen it since it was only 1.5km long, but it is apparently complete and open (although more will be added over time). I took that link from the SEQ Water website, so it all seems to be OK for public use. It was to be opened for Xmas, but you can confirm by calling SEQ Water. It is a good trail, but there has been weed spraying out there, so be careful what you lick!

mikeed666

Cannon Fodder
Not!!1

Hinze Dam - Its not open :(

Can't wait till it is as the Mt Joyce trails are awesome, these guys know how to build trails