Nerfonomics

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'd love to cover my roof with solar panels. But my bills are so low it's not economic for me. State government is putting panels on houses...I don't spend enough for them to hook me up either. It's a bit of a bummer.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Look, I understand that. Not sure if I needed to spend that much but it's cool.
It's good that you did. More solar is usually less coal, so bring it on. My neighbour has the whole roof covered. I think it should be compulsory on all new hosing and other developments (eg there is a lot of shopping centre car parks with roofing to provide shade for customers. These should be covered in panels).

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
It's good that you did. More solar is usually less coal, so bring it on. My neighbour has the whole roof covered. I think it should be compulsory on all new hosing and other developments (eg there is a lot of shopping centre car parks with roofing to provide shade for customers. These should be covered in panels).
yep. they should be making them compulsory everywhere. The other thing to conisider is to get it done before we end up in a tiff with China given they corner the market on panel manufacture.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
yep. they should be making them compulsory everywhere. The other thing to conisider is to get it done before we end up in a tiff with China given they corner the market on panel manufacture.
A while back the young Australian of the year invented a solar panel that could be made using cardboard and a pizza oven. She thought it would be a great inexpensive way to get third world countries onboard solar energy. I believe China have the rights to that now because Australia wasn't investing in progressive ideas.

Everything new should be covered in panels. I look at how much property development is going on around here and the total lack of solar. We have compulsory water tanks for fucks sake...how much harder can it be for solar?

Litenbror

Eats Squid
A while back the young Australian of the year invented a solar panel that could be made using cardboard and a pizza oven. She thought it would be a great inexpensive way to get third world countries onboard solar energy. I believe China have the rights to that now because Australia wasn't investing in progressive ideas.

Everything new should be covered in panels. I look at how much property development is going on around here and the total lack of solar. We have compulsory water tanks for fucks sake...how much harder can it be for solar?
China didn't corner the market the West gave it to them so our corporations could maximise their profit margins. I'm pretty sure the CEO of China's largest solar manufacturer got his PHD from Sydney Uni and when he couldn't get funding here he went back to China and they gave him a factory.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Wait is this big solar, covering up more efficient cheaper ideas to protect their existing product? Kind of like the oil companies buying up patents that made cars more efficient?!;)

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Wait is this big solar, covering up more efficient cheaper ideas to protect their existing product? Kind of like the oil companies buying up patents that made cars more efficient?!;)
It's quite easy to look up patents and who owns them, can you find an example.
I think you'll find that's an urban myth.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
But then...who killed the electric car?
I saw that quite a while ago and remember bits of it not making much sense. I can't remember which oil company but they supposedly bought the rights to nickel metal hydride tech but that wasn't owned by any one company and was produced by many.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I saw that quite a while ago and remember bits of it not making much sense. I can't remember which oil company but they supposedly bought the rights to nickel metal hydride tech but that wasn't owned by any one company and was produced by many.
I can't remember the details...but when I get home from work tonight I am going to try and remember to look it up.