Nerfonomics

Flow-Rider

Burner
perhaps not "hold on to", just not spend like its going out of fashion. Its like a frenzy in some markets. It would be great is everyone understood that they are part of the problem as much as they are part of the solution.

Also my preference is for everything to tank next year so we can enjoy a bunch of cuts prior to me coming off fixed in 2024 lol
I need to buy myself a bigger home than the Joneses, who woulda thought that interest rates would go up? Shit is going to get real now that US rates are on the climb.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
I need to buy myself a bigger home than the Joneses, who woulda thought that interest rates would go up? Shit is going to get real now that US rates are on the climb.
if you can afford to upgrade or invest, its the smart move regardless of rates. Rates going up after explicit forward guidance was given that they wouldn't is an annoyance, but doesn't make buying long term assets a bad idea.

People mortgaging themselves up to their eyeballs with no exit plan or forward income strategy are asking for trouble regardless of the direction of the economy or their asset prices.

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
if you can afford to upgrade or invest, its the smart move regardless of rates. Rates going up after explicit forward guidance was given that they wouldn't is an annoyance, but doesn't make buying long term hold assets a bad idea.

People mortgaging themselves up to their eyeballs with no exit plan or forward income strategy are asking for trouble regardless of the direction of the economy or their asset prices.
I'm already paying an absurd amount of land tax, let alone land rates and insurance. Everybody is price gouging trying to keep their lifestyle.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
I'm already paying an absurd amount of land tax, let alone land rates and insurance. Everybody is price gouging trying to keep their lifestyle.
if you're paying land tax, i assume you own more than one property (thats how it works in vic at least). if so, Don't complain, you're doing better than most.

If not, I hope you weren't one of the people in one of the other threads that claimed they would gladly pay more tax to benefit XYZ cause :p

Flow-Rider

Burner
if you're paying land tax, i assume you own more than one property (thats how it works in vic at least). if so, Don't complain, you're doing better than most.

If not, I hope you weren't one of the people in one of the other threads that claimed they would gladly pay more tax to benefit XYZ cause :p
Oh, I love paying taxes :rolleyes: , :p

Litenbror

Eats Squid
raising rates combined with tax stimulus ???

I only did year 8 economics and that to me screams WTF??? or all aboard !!! (the runaway train)
"Print-o-bucks" to the rescue.
This looks like the final scene from the 2008 FC, we avoided a global meltdown with fiscal stimulus, bought ourselves some time, didn't learn the lesson, now going to be soooo much worse.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
raising rates combined with tax stimulus ???

I only did year 8 economics and that to me screams WTF??? or all aboard !!! (the runaway train)
Easy @steve jobs' pancreas !!! You're just a pancreas not a bigbrain. I can see nothing wrong with the federal government stimulating the economy while their central bank tries to slow it down. It's the economy stupid! Let's just kick back and enjoy the roller coaster ride.

Flow-Rider

Burner
This looks like the final scene from the 2008 FC, we avoided a global meltdown with fiscal stimulus, bought ourselves some time, didn't learn the lesson, now going to be soooo much worse.
Pretty much what I've been thinking, inflation is still rising and people are spending out of control but profit margins are down. It surprised me how everyone cried poor during the covid epidemic and then came out swinging buying up everything they could, houses, cars, pushbikes, you name it. When you cry wolf unnecessarily, at one point in life it will be time to eat the shit.