Nerfonomics

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
I demand organic polyester.
Polyester is a blend with little regulation on origin, so it's difficult to prove if it is truly organic. Single paddock monoester from a certified organic farm is what you want. It has so much regional variety too, which can only be a good thing for garments and Manchester more generally.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Polyester is a blend with little regulation on origin, so it's difficult to prove if it is truly organic. Single paddock monoester from a certified organic farm is what you want. It has so much regional variety too, which can only be a good thing for garments and Manchester more generally.
Have you tried www.polyesterthreadtracker.net before? I have found it really informative on the matter.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not used it personally, but had heard that the site has silent financial backing from Da Poly, one of the larger Chinese polyester cooperatives. Not sure if that means there is some bias in the published content?
Damn. That's terrible news. Those it's mostly use forced prison labour to harvest their domestic crops. They claim it's organic but most of the fertilizer they use is raw sewerage from the prisons.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Damn. That's terrible news. Those it's mostly use forced prison labour to harvest their domestic crops. They claim it's organic but most of the fertilizer they use is raw sewerage from the prisons.
Interesting. There’s a polyester farm in Wuhan… Here’s a theory: sick prisoner poops covid on the crop which ends up at the market, and spreads through the clothing factories. Anyone who bought a Hawaiian shirt in early 2020 was likely a superspreader? Would explain all those cruise ship outbreaks.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Interesting. There’s a polyester farm in Wuhan… Here’s a theory: sick prisoner poops covid on the crop which ends up at the market, and spreads through the clothing factories. Anyone who bought a Hawaiian shirt in early 2020 was likely a superspreader? Would explain all those cruise ship outbreaks.
Its good to know I am not the only one doing their own research! This is the kind of truth that we have been distracted from. Just ignore the poor lives those inmates live! Testing unknown horrors at night, and harvesting polyester by day. Death awaits them at every moment.

Hmmm...what about Dec '19

View attachment 392651
I think there is a link. Those shirts would have been indexed and shipped long before the pandemic news broke. Big polyester worked hard to suppress the information being spread.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Thought this was one of the more well-rounded articles I've seen:
Australians are spending hard, despite real wages falling.

Basic gist - real wages down 2% but corporate profits up 25% making the economy look stronger than it is.
calm before the storm. Were gonna run out of savings when the worst of it hits. This is people with their heads in the sand refusing to steel themselves against incoming shitstorm and some people (without mortgages) who've resigned from doing anything about it; effectively flipping the bird at the charts saying "F you, ima have my $9 coffee, who are you to say thats dumb?!".

I am unsure what to make of the URL path "grogonomics" lol. The author is Greg Jericho, but that only covers half of the unusual path name lol

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I am unsure what to make of the URL path "grogonomics" lol. The author is Greg Jericho, but that only covers half of the unusual path name lol
It's part of an ongoing series of articles they do. I think they kicked it off during the boom in alcohol sales during the pandemic lockdowns. Bit weird they've stuck with that #tag, but whatevs. :)

calm before the storm. Were gonna run out of savings when the worst of it hits. This is people with their heads in the sand refusing to steel themselves against incoming shitstorm and some people (without mortgages) who've resigned from doing anything about it; effectively flipping the bird at the charts saying "F you, ima have my $9 coffee, who are you to say thats dumb?!".
It's an interesting one, because if everyone suddenly started holding onto their money the economy would tank because of that too.

Personally I'm just hoping it all holds together for another couple of months so I can complete the sale of my house and get regional!

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
This is what I am seeing, feel free to chime in.
lots of big business will be dictated by shareholders wanting returns, this will come at a cost of pay and conditions for employees..unfortunately for the employee at the other end, because the market is weak, they are unable to vote with their feet and go off to find a better job..this will drive the divide between rich and poor and mental health and depression issues through the roof....worrying times ahead!
fuck me, that was 2 years ago...looks like it has only gotten worse!

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
It's an interesting one, because if everyone suddenly started holding onto their money the economy would tank because of that too.
perhaps not "hold on to", just not spend like its going out of fashion. Its like a frenzy in some markets. It would be great is everyone understood that they are part of the problem as much as they are part of the solution.

Also my preference is for everything to tank next year so we can enjoy a bunch of cuts prior to me coming off fixed in 2024 lol

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
The thing about a lot of those areas that cotton is grown, is that it has done wonders for the Murrumbidgee and the Murray. And when I say wonders I mean contributed to fucking ruining them :(
has nothing to do with the point i was defending.

Any large scale agriculture, farming, extraction etc. fucks the land its being done on. Nothing new there. People are needy cunts

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
has nothing to do with the point i was defending.

Any large scale agriculture, farming, extraction etc. fucks the land its being done on. Nothing new there. People are needy cunts
Yeah wasn't having a go, just fucken burns my piss that these areas that are 50kms from a major river have rights to that water "Just because". Such outdated environmental policies unfortunately.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
It's not already affordable? Peasant...

On a more serious note, that is a weird-shaped block(s).
Looks like the other properties surrounding it were part of the whole. Maybe carved off periodically and sold to return customers to tide them over in tough times etc.