new Aussie Top Gear, what do we think so far?

scuba05

Likes Dirt
Due to the utter failure of the last 2 attempts, i gave up on TGA.

Il wait until the next UK season i think.

Speaking of which, anyone got any info on when season 16 is to be released in the UK?

wheel2wheel

Likes Dirt
I dont know why they have to try and make an exact copy of the pommy show, i love watching the original show, but the Aussie version should be the Aussie version! if that makes sense???
I was at a drive day that Steve Pizzati was hosting just last week, and he really is interesting and very informative but on the show he kinda acts like a tool?
hope it gets better, my 2 cents

IronPony

Likes Bikes
Im not looking forward to the Shane Warne segments. So far so good less boring old coonts so it might end up being ok.

Spotty

Likes Dirt
I dont know why they have to try and make an exact copy of the pommy show, i love watching the original show, but the Aussie version should be the Aussie version! if that makes sense???
I was at a drive day that Steve Pizzati was hosting just last week, and he really is interesting and very informative but on the show he kinda acts like a tool?
hope it gets better, my 2 cents
Thats what I think too. They'll never be able to get a good reputation by trying to replicate the UK show. Wont be nearly as awesome.

Speaking of which its on right now. I might watch the first five minutes and then leave if its shit again...

vlturbo

Squid
Well tbh i didnt mind tonights episode. The whole old school car challenge was pretty good imo. Not so sure about shane warne though.

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Seemed a tad cheesy, but I think it may come good - But it always seems shit trying to replicate the 'great' pommies..

'Ross

Eats Squid
shithouse. Tryhards.
Agree, I saw that sneak peak episode and it was a horrible cross between masterchef and a schoolboy production of top gear uk.

The excessive description of everything that was happening was like a dear diary attempt, and the obviously staged and poorly acted out one liners and little jokes were just rubbish.

I think Top Gear Uk has been slipping the last few series, trying to be funny and having everything too heavily scripted...to try to imitate that is always going to have a crap result.

Just give it up.

phillywa

Likes Dirt
i think one of the networks should bring back that ' fat pizza' show, cant get anymore aussie than that..
Oh BTW, Top gear australia = crap!

dhr_matt

Likes Dirt
I watched it last night, ended up changing the channel before it ended. Massive fail!

I felt embarrassed for them when they were trying to be funny as they really weren't. I don't think featuring all these special people is going to help or get them anywhere anyway.