New bike (2017 SC Chameleon?)

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
Probably worth shopping around

poor word choice, i was just going to buy the extra and either sell it, put it on the other bike or the missuses. otherwise it looks like bike discount may be a slightly cheaper option (if they have everything in stock at once) and buying it in chunks. i would also get a 11-46 as part of the deal, i'd just have to swap the break lines over
Thanks for the heads up. I always thought CRC was the default price-wise for Shimano stuff. Well worth a few extra clicks!

Shinigami

Likes Dirt
as said, its on par with shipping so it only makes sense with larger orders.

looking around it seems that given the xt cranks are 2x it may be preferable to keep the non boost cranks if running 1x. thoughts?

Shinigami

Likes Dirt
bought the fork, waiting on ze germans to post it to me.

otherwise what are the thoughts on hope v4's or just stupid overkill for a HT? (plus dot and they seem a slight pain to bleed)

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
bought the fork, waiting on ze germans to post it to me.

otherwise what are the thoughts on hope v4's or just stupid overkill for a HT? (plus dot and they seem a slight pain to bleed)
V4 are awesome but I'd go E4 on anything other than a full DH rig.

Hope tech 3 are one of the easiest brakes to bleed. No fancy bleed kits needed, just standard bleed nipples.

People who whinge about DOT fluid in brakes are muppets.... it's easy to get, cheap and once you clean it off surfaces it won't cause a problem.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is there anything wrong with too much braking? Mostly as the v4s have a super cheap price at the moment
I have a set of v4's and a set of e4's. To be perfectly honest with the same size rotors i can't tell them apart. Best brakes i have ever used. Hands down. You can use new10 on each brake if you order separately from crc and get a further $15 off an end. The v4's are stupid cheap at the moment.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
V4s have a min disc size of 180mm, no? Could be a bit undesirable for some riders/bikes methinks.

Shinigami

Likes Dirt
Can you explain this CRC work around for me again...can't get it to work ....
Way I did it was without signing in just going to my cart and checking out from PayPal from​ two different browsers
I
V4s have a min disc size of 180mm, no? Could be a bit undesirable for some riders/bikes methinks.
Hope recommends 160 rotors with v4 for all mountain use

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
If you are looking to run <180mm rotors on a bike... V4's are not for you!

Bit like putting lipstick on a pig.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Think it's just ambiguity of info within Hope's website, 183 min in one part, 160 in another. Disregard!