DH New bike build

latheboy

Likes Dirt
I had to look up a kapito,
No nothing like it, Rob does awesome bikes though.
I did end up putting the DVO's on .. I'm still in bed, the bike is in the shed and all the way over there.. So no pics right now

latheboy

Likes Dirt
It was a small frame, no good for me.

You might be making assumptions from my poor choice of words while drunk.

latheboy

Likes Dirt
Forks are in, a few days ago..
Just need to make a new chain tensioner for the main drive chain. I had a 32T on now its a 36T and theres not enough travel for the chain length.
Need to fit the cable and brake line mounts and that's all the hard stuff done.

Then... Find time to ride it...

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Forks are in, a few days ago..
Just need to make a new chain tensioner for the main drive chain. I had a 32T on now its a 36T and theres not enough travel for the chain length.
Need to fit the cable and brake line mounts and that's all the hard stuff done.

Then... Find time to ride it... View attachment 364657
GSXR project?

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
If you extended the links to become chain stays, you'd get a stiffer rear end, providing bearings are right size and placed, and would obviously need full regig. Like the previously mentioned Katipo.
Zerode would be same weight and ride betterer, and with all the gearbox benefits. Although wife wouldn't maybe notice the flex rear, and may even be a bonus. Built in cornering suspension. I'm light and had a few different Brooklyns back in the day. Loved me to bit.
Looks fricken awesome, well done, very jealous. BMWs are still one of the best looking bikes ever IMO. Yours will look as cool probably.

latheboy

Likes Dirt
This rear end is still as hell. Chromo rhs. Super strong, the wheel flexes more.
It pulled a little after welding and I had to use a trolley jack to spread it 4mm

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Can I place an order for a Pinion frame please??

Looking good! Very keen to see the final product.

Can you reuse any of what you've used so far? Or do you have to start from scratch?

latheboy

Likes Dirt
The rear end can be used, a new front triangle needs to be made.. All the pivot points for the suspension clear the pinion bridge so its possible without any major changes. Basically cut the bb off and weld on a bridge.
But id do a full build and start again.

latheboy

Likes Dirt
Version 2 thread which is dead.
All the parts went to the G1 then are back to version 3