New bike experience

Minlak

custom titis
No no no not my new bike - not yet
So a friend has a 5 yr old Specialized and just bought a new Giant Trance X E+ last week. She constantly rode the old bike in eco mode and rarely went to trail let alone turbo mode. Coming from a cycling back ground and having had an E-Bike for 4 yrs she has copped a lot of hate and always apologised if she had to use trail mode to keep up.
I told her if she is getting a new bike she has to use as an E-Bike and not worry about what she thinks other people think. I now have her going everywhere on a higher assistance setting and she is setting new PB's everywhere (E-Bike created segments).
Even though the motors of the older bikes have had the firmware updates etc and have technically the same power as the newer bikes she is absolutely loving the way the Yamaha motor applied the power compared to the older Bose motor on the Specialized.
Its been a long journey to get to finally use the e-bike as an e-bike and its awesome to have a riding partner raring to go.
Next struggle is to convince her to not listen to her partner that is adamant that 29" bikes dont turn and she must change the wheels to the lighter 27.5" wheels off her old bike :)