New bike ideas

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Get the Spectral AL6 if you can stretch the budget. It has a handful of good upgrades over the AL5 for the 500ish difference

TKL

Squid
The canyons seem to very well priced and only $80 posted.

I got the lbs to 3300 on a trek remedy 7 without much push. But will have to pull the trigger as bugger all of them left.

But also looking at commencal clash. Worst things im not close to see a canyon or a commencal haha.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
The canyons seem to very well priced and only $80 posted.

I got the lbs to 3300 on a trek remedy 7 without much push. But will have to pull the trigger as bugger all of them left.

But also looking at commencal clash. Worst things im not close to see a canyon or a commencal haha.
If you have Bupa healthcover then you can ask for 15% off Trek and Bonty. Just throwing it in there in case it may help.

https://www.bupa.com.au/health-and-wellness/bupa-plus

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Umm. Maybe...? The whole industry is about new standards :)

At the risk of a thread derail, how does it put more strain on the shaft>
Most frames have a degree of flex through the main pivots. This place lateral load through the shock. With a traditional shock the bushings isolate a lot of these loads from the shock. There are even spherical bushings for really flexy frames.

A trunnion mount provides a much longer lever for the frame to flex the shock compared to the traditional eyelet bushing. Combined with longer bushing overlap on the metric shock shaft and guess where the flex is going to end up, you either get a busted shaft or mount.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfuUIaGBpaE/?hl=en

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Most frames have a degree of flex through the main pivots. This place lateral load through the shock. With a traditional shock the bushings isolate a lot of these loads from the shock. There are even spherical bushings for really flexy frames.

A trunnion mount provides a much longer lever for the frame to flex the shock compared to the traditional eyelet bushing. Combined with longer bushing overlap on the metric shock shaft and guess where the flex is going to end up, you either get a busted shaft or mount.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfuUIaGBpaE/?hl=en

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Fair enough. Add it to the list of reasons to get a good quality stiff frame.

Hal-9000

Likes Dirt
Get the Spectral AL6 if you can stretch the budget. It has a handful of good upgrades over the AL5 for the 500ish difference
I was also considering the AL6 but ended up buying a Trek Remedy 8. Once you pay for shipping on the Canyon, and get a slight discount on the Remedy from your local store, they are about the same price and extremely similar spec.
I am super impressed with the Remedy. No issues at all climbing on longer rides with more XC oriented mates but at the same time is an absolute blast going down, the rougher the better.