New bike light - looks AWESOME!!

RangaRMX

Likes Dirt
Hey guys, I haven't been on for a while which I'm starting to regret, been out riding more and sitting inside less.

Anyway the other day I came across this light which is made in the UK, looks like a hell of a light compared to what else is on offer at the moment too*

Ok I present the Troutelight 'Lumen Liberator', I'll include the website where you can find it as well, please note I have absolutely nothing to do with the guy who makes these, just thought it was a well priced unit for it's respective performance, it will definitely leave a lot in awe.
It produces light and illuminates both in front of you and directly down at your tires, there are 3 pics of it on the bike (one with the front covered so it only shines down, one with the bottom covered so it only shines forward, and one with neither bottom or front covered).

*I haven't been around for a while so not too sure if there's any major breakthrough in MTB lighting (and by breakthrough I mean a reduction of the FUCKING RIDICULOUS price of some of the lights available).

Available at http://www.troutie.com

Prices are listed on the site but for those who don't click it's currently £200 built including postage and packing for the light (can be ordered as a kit to build yourself I believe) and a 14.8 volt 2.6 amp hour Li Ion battery and Charger is £70. More options for batteries are available through a link on the site..

Edit; sorry about the order of the pics - they are: front of light only, shot in the woods, front and bottom of light, bottom of light and last is a picture of the unit itself.

Attachments

Last edited:

No Judge

Likes Dirt
Wow!! That's a lot of light from one unit. Hopefully the battery pack lasts long enough for you. Nice purchase, I might have to look into these in the near future...

Purt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think I've read the guys build thread who makes these. All 90 odd pages I think on MTBR.

They look like great lights and pretty good value.

As for breakthrough - Magicshines.