New bike or upgrade old one?

Cletus

Likes Dirt
Hey guys, been off the bike for a few years and ive recently been bitten by the bike bug again. I saw the new 2020 norco sight a2 and really liked what i saw, but i have a 2014 stumpjumper expert and was wondering about fitting the new gx group to it and going a 160mm fork to slacken the head angle up to make it a bit more dh/enduro friendly. Or should i just sell it up and get the shiney new bike?

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Hey guys, been off the bike for a few years and ive recently been bitten by the bike bug again. I saw the new 2020 norco sight a2 and really liked what i saw, but i have a 2014 stumpjumper expert and was wondering about fitting the new gx group to it and going a 160mm fork to slacken the head angle up to make it a bit more dh/enduro friendly. Or should i just sell it up and get the shiney new bike?
keep and ride it first, i would go shimano over gx so your hubs can take 11 spd and no need to upgrade, actually t was 10 spd, just grab a 11-42 sunrace, was it 1 or 2x? —, i’d b going 150mm travel fork, 130 is what it shipped with right? and probs throw on a -1deg angleset

T-Rex

Template denier
I like easy questions.

New bike. You will be motivated to ride more, you will get fitter, and your riding will improve.