New Bike Park for Sydney - Glenworth Valley

MARKL

Eats Squid
I didn't read into it as being done in bad faith. Just bad decisions, putting too much faith in an MOU, or inexperience in managing such projects.
Getting an MOU from the landowner was probably a good idea, but it doesn't mean squat if you don't get the lease itself signed and govt approvals. To me, saying the landowner changed things on them when time came to put pen to paper on the lease agreement and the council approvals suggests the landowner might have relaised they weren't getting enough $$ for their effort/interest. Maybe this means they were getting the rough end of the stick, or maybe it means the project was less than viable from the start.
Now, whether they continued to run a campaign to crowdsource funding for their legal bills after they realised it wasn't likely to get off the ground... who knows?
They had neither the expertise or resources to get this project up and and running...straight up bad faith and misrepresentation

LPG

likes thicc birds
not quite sydney but close enough. seems theres a nice new track in wollongong

I've been meaning to get there and it's only 15 minutes from home. It is far from being a big draw card for serious rider coming from Sydney though. Its 12km of mostly green and blue trails. There are some jumps though, I'm not sure how werious that will be.

From what I've heard it is mostly green and blue trails which most people would complain about but with the huge amount of technical black and double black trails here it's actually what we need. It is really hard to get out with people who aren't able to at least ride challenging blues. Some of these are still in the works to being legalised and added on but I'm not sure where it is up to.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
There are some jumps though, I'm not sure how werious that will be.
@LPG - I'm currently involved in some too and fro regarding some local jumps, can you give me a bit of an idea on what denotes a werious jump please? I don't want to look out of touch.

MarioM

Likes Dirt
not quite sydney but close enough. seems theres a nice new track in wollongong

I`ve not ridden it yet , maybe next week , but whoever is in that article ( can`t see as its blocked behind a paywall ) saying it will be better than Appin is a big stretch . I`ll report back once I`ve ridden it . I will say though , It is great we have this here and I hope they will allow Wollongong mountain bike club to have a home .

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i have ridden Cringilla it should be noted that it is currently closed with the rain.
I think everyone else in the gong has ridden it but you guys :)
It is fun to ride and like all tracks it has it’s good and disappoint bits.
The good, there is stuff for beginners to advanced riders. The beginner and green trails are much needed for the area.
There are some fun jumps that are very forgiving if you case them. It is easy to pedal If you want a quick fun ride to practice jumping and hitting berms.
The disappointing bits, very short runs. the trails are too similar and features are mostly the same on the trails just the difficulty changes.
Xc stuff is very boring as there is not a lot of features in them apart from berms. the shared trails are not worth riding. There is not a full run for the highest point to the lowest point and I thought this would have been a no brainer in the trail design.
The surface they trucked in is super slippery compared to the local dirt so it takes some time to get use to. There are drainage issues on some tracks that it a bit surprising given it is new and not build by trail fairies.
Overall I am stoked it is finally here but I though it would be better. It is only stage 1 so should get better and better.

In my personal opinion it is not better then appin, it is not a mini stromlo and I think the hornsby trails are better but other may disagree. There was also a lack of froth in the opening.

Now the politics will start and the push to close down the local escarpment trails will begin.