New Bike Park for Sydney - Glenworth Valley

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Bwahahahaaaaa!!!!

That answer to what is being funded is utter gold! I especially love the indigenous youth angle. Splendid effort!

I’d rather have heard “your funding will buy a digging machine (model X, chosen because of tender Y) to machine cut Z x meters of track to achieve area A on this here map. We need your funding to close a gap of $xxx between the $xxx provided by [insert funding body here]. Funding is what we need to create tracks at a typical best-practice cost of $xxx/100m sections”.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Bwahahahaaaaa!!!!

That answer to what is being funded is utter gold! I especially love the indigenous youth angle. Splendid effort!

I’d rather have heard “your funding will buy a digging machine (model X, chosen because of tender Y) to machine cut Z x meters of track to achieve area A on this here map.
I too scoffed pretty hard at that bullshit laiden lasagne, but didn't want to rain anymore hate in this thread than I already have. I think I need to work out how to ignore this thread.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I’d rather have heard “your funding will buy a digging machine (model X, chosen because of tender Y) to machine cut Z x meters of track to achieve area A on this here map. We need your funding to close a gap of $xxx between the $xxx provided by [insert funding body here]. Funding is what we need to create tracks at a typical best-practice cost of $xxx/100m sections”.
that’s what I was hoping for tbh.

I’m gonna tune out now until it’s being built and some POV vids turn up to get real froffin over.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Can 750k buy some buses and dudes and 15km of track and some rent? The numbers on Maydena seem to be someting over 2m. Given the comparable scale of both sites, maybe they are aiming to raise all or most from the crowd. No worries if you're cool with that, I'm not.

Skywalker

Likes Dirt
Can 750k buy some buses and dudes and 15km of track and some rent? The numbers on Maydena seem to be someting over 2m. Given the comparable scale of both sites, maybe they are aiming to raise all or most from the crowd. No worries if you're cool with that, I'm not.
I highly doubt they are aiming to raise most of it from the crowd funding. It would help but not critical to reaching their goals of stage 1 I'd say. Once stage 1 is open to the public the money that comes from day passes etc will be more critical than the crowd funding campaign. I think the CFC serves as an idea as how popular it might be and entice further private enterprise on board?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
That’s some better info ! They should put that on their website rather than just social media, if they haven’t already.

Wonder what the timing for stage 1 is?

Is the crowd funding campaign to feed into stage 1, or is that funded already?

What is the company structure?

Answers those three questions and I reckon that they have a suitable level of detail for a crowd funding / pre-purchase campaign.

Skywalker

Likes Dirt
That’s some better info ! They should put that on their website rather than just social media, if they haven’t already.

Wonder what the timing for stage 1 is?

Is the crowd funding campaign to feed into stage 1, or is that funded already?

What is the company structure?

Answers those three questions and I reckon that they have a suitable level of detail for a crowd funding / pre-purchase campaign.
Easter 2020 is stage 1 opening

Skywalker

Likes Dirt
That second response is EXACTLY why people are asking WTF?
True.. I believe it's sincere though. I have no doubt the guys from Synergy truly believe this project will do great things for the mountain biking community and community in general. I absolutely believe this aswell.

If only they were a bit more specific on where the CFC $ was going towards - a lot more people would be less sceptical.

LPG

likes thicc birds
If only they were a bit more specific on where the CFC $ was going towards - a lot more people would be less sceptical.
I think the biggest concern is they don't really know themselves. They seem genuinely interested but that doesn't make effective project management.

Hopefully they surprise us and deliver an awesome set of trails and facilities without delays and get us jaded old fucks frothing.

MARKL

Eats Squid
True.. I believe it's sincere though. I have no doubt the guys from Synergy truly believe this project will do great things for the mountain biking community and community in general. I absolutely believe this aswell.

I want it to be sincere but at the moment it reeks of BS...why do you believe it is sincere?

Switch

huskier headed gent
Falls Creek’s detach quad chair was $9mil. A fixed grip could be slightly cheaper but these guys are talking chair lift by 2023 add a year of planning approvals and construction, they are claiming to be ready for that in 2022. Yet crowd funding for $750k for a 2020 opening. The business model does not stack up if they don’t already have the cash or backing. A lot of well intentioned people are going to loose a lot of $.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I know a lot people just use social media these days but I find it difficult to believe these guys aren’t watching this or at least been told about this thread.
And if they have seen it why are they not defending themselves?
If they are aware of this discussion they are not doing themselves any favours by remaining silent.
I personally have no confidence in this venture. Hope it gets off the ground and they don’t lose their shirts but can’t see how that’s possible the way it’s been going.