New Bike Park for Sydney - Glenworth Valley

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So, there's a substantial trail network opening next month in New Zealand that has not released a trail map; only a location and it is going to be astounding. The trails cannot be shuttled and are ride up only. The info generated is very similar to the feel of the Glenworth Valley project and with opening day next month, I cannot wait for this new place to ride in New Zealand.

Don't write Glenworth Valley off. I know the people on the tools. You've gotten relevant info to a point and we're excited for a new place to ride but geez you lot seem to get sassy when you don't get a daily update. Cool your jets! If it turns out to be as good as we hope then we all win. ;)
We demand a selfie of @Dozer and these tool handlers holding the current edition of men's monthly to prove he really knows them.

sbm

Likes Bikes
So just with the idea (fantasy?) about installing a chairlift...I looked up the most recent chairlifts that Perisher etc have built to see how much it actually costs. I got the distance info from here.

For a shorter fixed chairlift the going rate seems to be about 4 million. Surely near Sydney you'd think you could do it for a little less, as it's not on top of a mountain, with work only possible in summer, and a long way from the nearest major town.

It's going to need a liiiittttle more funding than a 20k crowdfund. But it seems possible. For comparison the Derby trail network was a 3.1 million investment.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
So just with the idea (fantasy?) about installing a chairlift...I looked up the most recent chairlifts that Perisher etc have built to see how much it actually costs. I got the distance info from here.

For a shorter fixed chairlift the going rate seems to be about 4 million. Surely near Sydney you'd think you could do it for a little less, as it's not on top of a mountain, with work only possible in summer, and a long way from the nearest major town.

It's going to need a liiiittttle more funding than a 20k crowdfund. But it seems possible. For comparison the Derby trail network was a 3.1 million investment.
there has been a chairlift proposal on the Stromlo master plan for nearly 10 years and still no real movement..
will only happen if someone else pays, may be the same here

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Don't write Glenworth Valley off. I know the people on the tools. You've gotten relevant info to a point and we're excited for a new place to ride but geez you lot seem to get sassy when you don't get a daily update. Cool your jets! If it turns out to be as good as we hope then we all win. ;)
Mate I agree with most of what you say here but the thing is they are ASKING for money from US. I don't think it's unfair of us to ask for some information in regards to where said money would be spent. As I said in an earlier post, I don't think anyone here needs a full cost break down but some idea of what the hell is going on is only fair given they have funding packages up to $5K!!!! Personally I am so excited by the idea of this place
I would have donated a reasonable amount of money to get it happening but at this point I'd rather donate to Kiva. At least then I get updates on how my sponsee (?????) is doing and how their venture is going.

I hope you all will have to eat your words,
I'll happily have sauce on mine!!!! I've never bagged this out though to be honest, just shared my concerns. I am hoping that this goes ahead big time.

Reactions: T.3

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
So, there's a substantial trail network opening next month in New Zealand that has not released a trail map; only a location and it is going to be astounding. The trails cannot be shuttled and are ride up only. The info generated is very similar to the feel of the Glenworth Valley project and with opening day next month, I cannot wait for this new place to ride in New Zealand.

It’s really not very froffy of them is it dozer.

So lads, start froffin and throw that cash at people because they say it’s gonna be a thing! Don’t carry out any due diligence, or ask for details. Just give em money, because crowd funding.

T.3

Likes Dirt
Mate I agree with most of what you say here but the thing is they are ASKING for money from US. I don't think it's unfair of us to ask for some information in regards to where said money would be spent. As I said in an earlier post, I don't think anyone here needs a full cost break down but some idea of what the hell is going on is only fair given they have funding packages up to $5K!!!! Personally I am so excited by the idea of this place
I would have donated a reasonable amount of money to get it happening but at this point I'd rather donate to Kiva. At least then I get updates on how my sponsee (?????) is doing and how their venture is going.

I'll happily have sauce on mine!!!! I've never bagged this out though to be honest, just shared my concerns. I am hoping that this goes ahead big time.
I agree a few pages back I said the buildup or whatever wasn't how I would have done it so Ill split a bottle of sauce with you should it come to that. Airing concerns in a reasonable manner like that is constructive but some punters seem to be enjoying putting the boot in for the sake of it.

T.3

Likes Dirt

So lads, start froffin and throw that cash at people because they say it’s gonna be a thing! Don’t carry out any due diligence, or ask for details. Just give em money, because crowd funding.
Isn't it spelt froth? Genuine question

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie

Fuck yeah!

I'm riding this place tomorrow.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Airing concerns in a reasonable manner like that is constructive but some punters seem to be enjoying putting the boot in for the sake of it.
I will just remind you that you are on an online forum, where facts are secondary only to entertainment value!
I'm sure that all of us here, myself included wish to cause no malice to any other individual or business entity, its just what we do to let of a bit of steam..unfortunately there will be casualties!
This thread has been a goldmine for speculation, but could also be easily avoided by the developers posting a few tidbits of information or a picture of a excavator and a ginormous pile of dirt every now and then... :D

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Daily update? How about two monthly?

I have relos up there so all for a park being built and not bagging either, these guys have clearly built good trails before. Being vague and unresponsive is a killer of crowd funding campaigns, so they didn't see mine, @EsPeGe's or other's money they may have got. If that's how they roll good luck and I'll watch on with interest.

The chairlift issue was discussed earlier, chairlifts without snow are pushing cash uphill for it to never return.

Flow-Rider

Burner
So they got 2% of the funding they were expecting.

"ARE YOU RELYING ON THE FUNDING FROM THE COMMUNITY TO GET THE PARK UP AND RUNNING?
Our intention is for the control of the park to be retained by the directors of the park, who are all riders with a genuine interest in its success beyond profit. The crowdfunding helps with for initial project costs and approvals, with other funding streams to be implemented at later stages of the project."

"HAVE YOU OR ARE YOU PLANNING TO SOURCE GOVERNMENT FUNDING FOR THE GVBP?
Destination NSW has expressed interest in the project as they believe it will be a great boost to the local economy however no grants have been secured to date."

Glenworth Valley bike park

climberman

Likes Dirt

sweet, which part of NZ?

LPG

likes thicc birds
So they got 2% of the funding they were expecting.

"ARE YOU RELYING ON THE FUNDING FROM THE COMMUNITY TO GET THE PARK UP AND RUNNING?
Our intention is for the control of the park to be retained by the directors of the park, who are all riders with a genuine interest in its success beyond profit. The crowdfunding helps with for initial project costs and approvals, with other funding streams to be implemented at later stages of the project."

"HAVE YOU OR ARE YOU PLANNING TO SOURCE GOVERNMENT FUNDING FOR THE GVBP?
Destination NSW has expressed interest in the project as they believe it will be a great boost to the local economy however no grants have been secured to date."

View attachment 357046

Glenworth Valley bike park
They need to motivate people with some incentives.

"When we get to 60% well tell you where the money is going"