New Bike Park for Sydney - Glenworth Valley

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I don't think it's misreading
Yes it is. If they said "new bike park for Gosford" everybody would have let out a synchronised groan about how much of a shit hole the place is.

I'm sure the trails will be plenty of fun.

I like that they have chosen a location that is impossible to reach without a car. Sure public transport+Bikes+suitable locations is not easy to pull together, but it is another reason for a bunch of cars on the road with 1 person sitting in them.

climberman

Likes Dirt
FYI Perisher is putting in a new 4 chair to replace the leichardt T bar.
Length is 488m
elevation 121m
Cost is 4.2 million

There’s also currently a few older chairlift being renewed so may be available to purchase second hand in the near future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
jeezus, you wouldn't want to be buying the Mt P or Merrits chairs!!

goobags

Likes Dirt
Tell that to the hundreds of people who's diesel's froze this year at Hotham, plenty of days at -10, throw in wind chill and it is getting down there. Not as cold as the Northern hemisphere but we suffer with freeze thaw conditions that can actually cause more damage than constant negative temperatures.
Wind chill will would only cool components quicker, not make them colder than ambient.

Understand the freeze thaw, hence the rope construction comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Many lols that one. I can't see people wanting to $100 for a chair lift...assuming the price will be similar to attending Australian ski fields.
I think that there will be options for self-propelled climbing passes but why do you think that people wouldn't pay for the lift? Maydena is nearly $90 for a day of shuttles and Thredbo around $80 and people pay that, given that the elevation at Glenworth not as much as the other two but it just means a faster turn around.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I think that there will be options for self-propelled climbing passes but why do you think that people wouldn't pay for the lift? Maydena is nearly $90 for a day of shuttles and Thredbo around $80 and people pay that, given that the elevation at Glenworth not as much as the other two but it just means a faster turn around.
I'm not phased by the elevation aspect. I'd wager my local delivers about...3m elevation would you say?

I haven't paid for a shuttle day in a long time, but the last time I looked at it prices were around $50 for the day. Given the ongoing "fuck me!!! Australian ski fields are expensive" vibe I would've thought paying around $100 for a day on a single chair lift would seem pretty steep. Now that is a figure I pulled out of my arse based solely on the extortion practised by Australian ski fields. The price for the chair lift in this new bike park for Gosford might be $10 a day. There is no problem with paying to use the park, that makes perfect sense on a private project like this. Time will reveal all. Maybe this will be the tourism boom that the Cenny Coast has been waiting for?

Switch

huskier headed gent
Just to help soften the blow if the lift ticket is $100, ski resorts are now around $130 per day ;)

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Here’s one from the new chair at guthega a few years back.... a lot of work for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Switch

huskier headed gent
But a year's lifted skiing and riding at Thredbo, with free access to pool, gym, golf, tennis and bobsled, is $850 or so.
Early bird pricing to get some preseason revenue, same goes for shuttle services like Blue Dirt, big discount on season passes but we were discussing day passes. Not sure what the percentages are for the breakdown of season pass holders to short term users but it is substantially greater in the short term users when it comes to ski resorts.

mark22

Likes Dirt
Tell that to the hundreds of people who's diesel's froze this year at Hotham, plenty of days at -10, throw in wind chill and it is getting down there. Not as cold as the Northern hemisphere but we suffer with freeze thaw conditions that can actually cause more damage than constant negative temperatures.
Yep if you're going to stay make sure you fill up with alpine grade diesel which is sold in towns close the resort's.
We have 3 grades of the stuff in au, summer, winter and alpine grades.