New Bike Park for Sydney - Glenworth Valley

madstace

Likes Dirt
Maybe I'm a bit cynical, but...the synergy team were balls deep here last year in plans for a huge make over of the local trail network. There was a bit of media about it, plans, volunteer build days to get the area ready, plans, plans, plans, talk talk talk talk, apparently a grant application and then...silence. This was a collaborative effort with the NPWS team that manage the area and the self appointed trail alliance, and I don't know how much of the project was driven by which component, but I do know that there has been practically no information come out since putting in the application. The general understanding is that the cash went elsewhere, but nobody has thrown that information into the air for all to see.

Now this may be a very different situation, but perhaps it is the way of the hype generation? Once the cash dries up...drop it like it's hot. We can't let the hype have a down note man.
Was that the whole GRock MTB Park page that popped up, almost seemingly in competition with the trail alliance? Seemed a bit left field, and as you say appears to have disappeared into a whimper....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Was that the whole GRock MTB Park page that popped up, almost seemingly in competition with the trail alliance? Seemed a bit left field, and as you say appears to have disappeared into a whimper....
Complicated answer to that question, possibly not suitable for the public forum due to the amount speculation it would be based on.

Binaural

Eats Squid
Synergy’s Instagram account had a post recently with a glenworth mention in it.

But you’d think it would be good to some news out if they’re planning to be open later this year..
They wildly overestimated how soon Hornsby would be ready, by something like 18 months. I won't place any weight in estimates by these guys with no planning effort behind them again, will wait for an opening announcement.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
the last time I heard any news was from someone whom I know that has connections
He said that they were in the process of getting the chairlift installed..but can't confirm any of this
fingers crossed for spring!

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
the last time I heard any news was from someone whom I know that has connections
He said that they were in the process of getting the chairlift installed..but can't confirm any of this
fingers crossed for spring!
This from the website regarding the chair:

"This will be a massive key for our success as a bike park, no doubt! However it is a costly exercise, and one that we can not undertake just yet, but in time we will see the dream come true. Until then, we have a full-time dedicated shuttle service."

Sounds like it's still in the aspirational phase to me.

I’d like to requote Johnny!
Agree that it could have been done better. The copy on the website could do with some proofing, and the images look like they've been lifted from google.

All the same, I hope they get a great park going there. As an erstwhile Sydney mtb'er it's something that deserves to succeed.