New Bike Park for Sydney - Glenworth Valley

Binaural

Eats Squid
so no chairlift then..well not in the next ten years anyway
if it seems too good to be true, it quite often is!
There's nothing wrong with a shuttle service anyway. I didn't see people complaining in Derby that they weren't being hoisted rather than driven up to the top of trails.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You just don't get the same moistness flowing from promotong a shuttle service as you do from promoting a chair lift...

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Personally I hope chairlifts never become justifiable, because when do, that means the patronage will be large enough to make them economically viable, and the crowds will be horrendous.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I would have thought it being economically viable would be a great thing. If it's well designed there's no reason why it should be that crowded.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Personally I hope chairlifts never become justifiable, because when do, that means the patronage will be large enough to make them economically viable, and the crowds will be horrendous.

I’m not so sure. Yeah weekends will be busy at times but during the week it won’t be I’d bet. I’ve seen pics of whistler looking like a ghost town later in the season. The other good thing is the “season” would be all year pretty much, given the location so I think that would help too. Maybe I’m just super optimistic but I’d love a chair there.

On another note, Is there any talk of camp grounds there etc? That would be sweet. I could head up midweek in my Hiace camper if they did that.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I’m not so sure. Yeah weekends will be busy at times but during the week it won’t be I’d bet. I’ve seen pics of whistler looking like a ghost town later in the season. The other good thing is the “season” would be all year pretty much, given the location so I think that would help too. Maybe I’m just super optimistic but I’d love a chair there.

On another note, Is there any talk of camp grounds there etc? That would be sweet. I could head up midweek in my Hiace camper if they did that.
Actually, I don't think it would be too busy at Cardy George time. Brrrrrrr.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
only places with lifts I have ridden are Thredbo and queenstown. both during school holidays and apart from the public holidays of easter I've never had an issue with queues or crowding for lifts or trails. This park looks like it has enough trails to handle being closer to a major city