New Bike Park for Sydney - Glenworth Valley

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I agree some more progress photos would be helpful.
Kowalski's go out and make trails for free for everyone and they have recently been putting together a new trail. They've had photos from the work days for months as the trail gets built. These clowns can't even post pics of works in progress and they are apparently professionals. What a joke.

If there was some shit talking or questions on this forum about Kowalski's work, someone in the group would represent here.

Is this a hoax or just a big fuck up?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Hit them up for more photos, a lot of trail builders around my parts don't post pre pics until close to the end of the project because people go out and ride the trails before they're complete and cause more work for them.

I still think the best trails are ones built by long term clubs with volunteers but with an era of entitlement most of that has faded away in history. Not a big fan myself of advocacy groups that solely rely on grant money to build trail at a ridiculous price per meter of trail.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Hit them up for more photos, a lot of trail builders around my parts don't post pre pics until close to the end of the project because people go out and ride the trails before they're complete and cause more work for them.
If they can't even be bothered to update their bells and whistles website, its very unlikely that they would respond to a one off enquiry from a random stranger.
their Instagram page has lots of people asking for updates too, not one single response!

Flow-Rider

Burner
If they can't even be bothered to update their bells and whistles website, its very unlikely that they would respond to a one off enquiry from a random stranger.
their Instagram page has lots of people asking for updates too, not one single response!
That doesn't look promising, someone will need to go on site and have a peep.

Last edited:

T.3

Likes Dirt
Kowalski's go out and make trails for free for everyone and they have recently been putting together a new trail. They've had photos from the work days for months as the trail gets built. These clowns can't even post pics of works in progress and they are apparently professionals. What a joke.

If there was some shit talking or questions on this forum about Kowalski's work, someone in the group would represent here.

Is this a hoax or just a big fuck up?
I don't know, I've got no affiliation with them just giving them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe as Flow Rider said they are concerned about people riding them but again I don't know.
I hope you all will have to eat your words, not because I want you to be embarrassed about your carry on (maybe a little bit hahah) but really because even if its lives up to half the hype it should be great. The proof of the pudding will be in the eating though and it appears this one at this stage is still in the mixing bowl.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It must be a tough slog trying to get a bike park up and running on private land and keep people with no skin in the game excited online. What does it matter if it fails. I am just glad they are having a go.

It is early days for a project like this. Green Valleys was pretty small and dodgy in the first few years and now they are killing it.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I won't be eating words or embarrassed about saying this is a shit way to promote a business, even if it eventually becomes the Whistler of Oz. I'd say most people would rank being responsive as one of the most important parts of reputation in business. The lack of response, and the type of response when there has been one (vague hype etc.) is why I'm so skeptical.

T.3

Likes Dirt
I won't be eating words or embarrassed about saying this is a shit way to promote a business, even if it eventually becomes the Whistler of Oz. I'd say most people would rank being responsive as one of the most important parts of reputation in business. The lack of response, and the type of response when there has been one (vague hype etc.) is why I'm so skeptical.
Fair enough. My point is if it ends up as a great riding destination then I'm not overly fussed that the initial marketing/engagement was poo.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Maybe as Flow Rider said they are concerned about people riding them but again I don't know.
More likely is that they may not yet have the necessary planning approvals so can’t really be promoting work done prior to approval.

Reactions: T.3

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I don't know, I've got no affiliation with them just giving them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe as Flow Rider said they are concerned about people riding them but again I don't know.
I hope you all will have to eat your words, not because I want you to be embarrassed about your carry on (maybe a little bit hahah) but really because even if its lives up to half the hype it should be great. The proof of the pudding will be in the eating though and it appears this one at this stage is still in the mixing bowl.
to me, it looks like they are still having a whip around to get enough cash to buy some ingredients!

Reactions: T.3

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The dream:

Bike park In Sydney with 120km of trail
Think Crankworx
World Cup rounds
Chairlifts
Rachel Atherton

Actual:
Um?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
So, there's a substantial trail network opening next month in New Zealand that has not released a trail map; only a location and it is going to be astounding. The trails cannot be shuttled and are ride up only. The info generated is very similar to the feel of the Glenworth Valley project and with opening day next month, I cannot wait for this new place to ride in New Zealand.

Don't write Glenworth Valley off. I know the people on the tools. You've gotten relevant info to a point and we're excited for a new place to ride but geez you lot seem to get sassy when you don't get a daily update. Cool your jets! If it turns out to be as good as we hope then we all win. ;)