New Bike Park for Sydney - Glenworth Valley

@Dirtdiggling, it would appear you’ve signed up to specifically get stuck in to the GVBP guys. Accusing them of rigging the competition is also quite a big statement.

Is there anything you’d like to disclose?

FWIW I understand the frustration a lot of posters feel on this topic, but countering the ‘froth’ with a bunch of sarcastic comments isn’t a great look either. Easter is approaching, so more information will have to come to light sooner rather than later.

Image may contain: people sitting, tree, plant, outdoor and nature
Tubbsy, that shot is not gvbp champ ✌I hope their next post is about the Easter opening for sure ..

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Tubbsy, that shot is not gvbp champ ✌I hope their next post is about the Easter opening for sure ..
I was going to ask about that photo. From what I can tell, none of the images of riders and tracks that GVBP have posted, are from the froth-laden property. I'd prefer to be wrong.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
good point, someone's dad perhaps......
"Ok dad, stand there and look epic while I take a photo for insta!"
I saw this. Pretty sure old mate who won the bike is good mates with the bloke that did the designs and is one of the bike park crew. He is on one of the videos they put out.. . His Instagram has him riding with the bloke who won the bike. Doublediamonddomz or sumthing. Suss as fuck. Its not like they did a proper raffle now is it ?
Accusing them of rigging the competition is also quite a big statement.
It is sus as fuck tho @Tubbsy. Even the unoffical raffles on my skateboard collecting group are drawn on video, you know because we have the technology to show we're running a fair raffle. The tickets all have the names written on them and are shown as they are placed in the barrel to be drawn from, then drawn, usually reverse order (yes peeps do reverse order on 100 + tickets) where the last drawn wins, second last gets a consolation, all in a single take. It's very easy to not look completely dodgy.

Going a step further they could have broken the law, unless I missed the bit where they had their permit and the T&C's.

Raffles can only be run by not for profits or registetred clubs. It looks like this falls under Trade Promotion Lotteries:

https://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/games-of-chance/promoting-a-business/trade-promotion-lottery[/USER][/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Isildur

The Real Pedant
I saw this. Pretty sure old mate who won the bike is good mates with the bloke that did the designs and is one of the bike park crew. He is on one of the videos they put out.. . His Instagram has him riding with the bloke who won the bike. Doublediamonddomz or sumthing. Suss as fuck. Its not like they did a proper raffle now is it ?
That's a bit unsettling - but you're right that the winner appears to be good mates with "doubleblackdiamond_dom" on Insta, who is one of the designers of the GVBP.

Suss as fuck, or just really lucky? I suppose the odds were good if you had backed them, with only 129 backers, and some of those clearly connected with the project, so probably a 1 in 120 chance!

He did at least donate to the funding drive. I don't want to post names here, but if you find that photo and the person tagged, that same person is in the donate list. Has anyone who donated here received their GVBP Pack?

I don't know if they're in breach of any laws as the entries were paid, not a free raffle, and with Crowd Funding things I think that bypasses traditional raffle laws. I could be wrong though.

I still really want this park to happen, but the cynic in me is worried...

Last edited:

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There's nothing suss. Only people "in the know" would risk their money to fund such a pie-in-the-sky commercial venture - hence those are the only people who could get the prize. ;)

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Still can't believe nobody "in the know" has fronted here to answer the nay sayers. That says so much.

A huge chunk of their market is right here, the most discussion about their plans is happening right here, and they haven't said boo. Even people from other parks have chimed in when their park/project was mentioned in the context of fundraising.

Raffle winner is obviously know to the crew, but if there isn't a video of a draw then nobody except GVBP will know if it ever happened, so I'll assume it didn't.

It's been amateur hour from the outset. And I actually don't give a fuck, I'll probably ride the central coast area once in the next few years. I just hate dodginess in business, it was part of the reason I stopped running a small business 11 years ago, too many dodgy pricks. One of them got us to build a YouTube for him and bailed on the project leaving my business around $10k out of pocket for work done.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Anyone here a VIP60 member? You will know what's actually going on right? They would have to be sending you updates on the park? I want to froth View attachment 359164View attachment 359165
Scotty is that you? Where have you unearthed from.... can you tell us a little about yourself.

Yes VIP60 member here and no I have nothing to report other than the process is still moving forward. Last quarterly update we had was in November, There was meant to be a site visit happening in mid December but I had work commitments so couldn’t go.

Froth on lads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^ and there it is, the project is vaporware :(

The site visit would have been a good opportunity to pass the collection plate around again, so it's probably lucky you didn't go.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
ICMYI...

Scotty T said:
I actually don't give a fuck, I'll probably ride the central coast area once in the next few years. I just hate dodginess in business, it was part of the reason I stopped running a small business 11 years ago, too many dodgy pricks. One of them got us to build a YouTube for him and bailed on the project leaving my business around $10k out of pocket for work done.
That is honestly the limit of my involvement. I have no idea who Dirtdiggling is but it's a quite a creative name in this context.