New Bike Park for Sydney - Glenworth Valley

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Scotty is that you? Where have you unearthed from.... can you tell us a little about yourself.

Yes VIP60 member here and no I have nothing to report other than the process is still moving forward. Last quarterly update we had was in November, There was meant to be a site visit happening in mid December but I had work commitments so couldn’t go.

Froth on lads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
if there was a site visit for members back in December, surely somebody out in VIP60 and would have posted up a snippet of what is going on, even if not a photo, just a short write up of things that we can look forward to in the coming months...
the website has had no real updates or promotion done for many months, and the so called raffle/fundraiser seems like nothing more than a red herring!....what the actual fuck is going on with this venture, FACT OR FICTION!

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
if there was a site visit for members back in December, surely somebody out in VIP60 and would have posted up a snippet of what is going on, even if not a photo, just a short write up of things that we can look forward to in the coming months...
the website has had no real updates or promotion done for many months, and the so called raffle/fundraiser seems like nothing more than a red herring!....what the actual fuck is going on with this venture, FACT OR FICTION!
Yep. No mention of the members visit on the GVBP FB page. Lots of 'stickers coming soon!' (+froth) posts. 'Soon' is a long time in the valley ....
Not a word from Synergy since October. They regularly post about their work at Hornsby though. (this is what happens when Rotorburn goes offline for 3 hours)

Are the VIP60 all horse riders? I'm not saying it's a scam, but I am saying it looks, tastes, and smells like one.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
The marketing froth and crowd funding certainly weren't as well devised and executed as they should have been. But engaging architects, lawyers for D/As with amendments, video production and websites (hamfisted or not), launch events and god knows what else.

All this to scam a few crowd funding suckers?

This project may succeed, it may not. Doing something on this scale near Sydney where councils don't have the tourism imperatives and budgets of places like Tassie is a big undertaking. I personally wish them all the best. I'd rather a trail building company failed at marketing, than a bunch of marketers digging trail...

Not holding my breath that they'll come on here like a bunch of naughty schoolboys to explain their homework given the reception so far.

FigBo0T

The marketing froth and crowd funding certainly weren't as well devised and executed as they should have been. But engaging architects, lawyers for D/As with amendments, video production and websites (hamfisted or not), launch events and god knows what else.

All this to scam a few crowd funding suckers?

This project may succeed, it may not. Doing something on this scale near Sydney where councils don't have the tourism imperatives and budgets of places like Tassie is a big undertaking. I personally wish them all the best. I'd rather a trail building company failed at marketing, than a bunch of marketers digging trail...

Not holding my breath that they'll come on here like a bunch of naughty schoolboys to explain their homework given the reception so far.
The property is owned and operated by a long established and successful business. Horse riding and ATV tracks, with accommodation and camping, kayaking and abseiling. Corporate training packages, school holiday camps, and hire/rent of all associated equipment.
Tell me I'm wrong.

In the FAQ we find this, which may be completely accurate, but is it honest? It's a 'no-lose' situation for Glenworth Valley Outdoor Adventures. Any development/trail network/and related approvals can be enveloped into the existing business.

It's obvious that some people posting in this thread know more than they say, but there's no value dumping on the naysayers with nothing whatsoever to back it up. I don't think anyone is happy about pointing out the bleeding obvious. I think everyone is secretly worried about the outcome here. Who wouldn't want it to be real? Seriously.

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
From the outside looking in, it appears that someone has proudly come up with this idea and felt like that was the hard part of the project.

They are now learning that it was actually the easy part.....

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
It's obvious that some people posting in this thread know more than they say, but there's no value dumping on the naysayers with nothing whatsoever to back it up.
Who do you feel is “dumping on” the naysayers?

FigBo0T

Who do you feel is “dumping on” the naysayers?
Good question. I can't really back that up with anything solid. Your last sentence 'could' be interpreted that way, which I did on first read, but I can see it another way too.
To quote a famous Constitutional lawyer ... "It's just the 'vibe'."

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ok...it's not a scam, it's just a shit idea being driven by a trail building company known for being pushy arseholes that exist in the froth zone and then dump a project the second it becomes hard. They throw out a magic idea about epic trails that will bring the gnar and spay froth everywhere, relying on other parties to put uP the cash and drive the project. They get paid for their work and move on to the next froth zone, awaiting the call up to come and make over their ordinary quality work. They do the same for clubs and allianes as well. If the cash doesn't come through or the pretrail work gets to hard it's suddenly a sack of shit that's on fire and gets fdropped.

The NSW gov has fuck loads of $$$$ being thrown around for tourism and the department involved is suddenly realising that a lot of other parts of the world are making money out of mountain biking so these clowns can smell easy dollars. Except...most of the cash is theoretically going to be sent to places that aren't so close to the centre of the universe, Sydney. Some sort of effort to revive ritual areas...sound Tasmanian? Hmmmm.

Anyway an existing tourism operator with land would look like juicye low hanging fruit! Unless there was hic-ups. Takes the air out of your froth.

Also if the da does get up it will be valid for a long time. Handy to have of selling as well

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Good question. I can't really back that up with anything solid. Your last sentence 'could' be interpreted that way, which I did on first read, but I can see it another way too.
To quote a famous Constitutional lawyer ... "It's just the 'vibe'."
I will work further on my mealy-mouthed weasel words then.

The main reason I chimed in was due to some of the potentially libellous implications in some of the above posts.

You are all perfectly entitled to be sceptical of whatever you choose and air those views. If some of the posts end up moderated it will be for legal reasons only.

Flame on, fill your boots lads.

FigBo0T

I have no problem being edited for legal reasons.

July 2011: The froth begins
https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?threads/survey-finished.228033/

November 2013: Rocky Trail Entertainment ask for community assistance to build a track for The Australian Gravity Enduro Series

That track was used for one race, and never opened for free riding.

There no videos of the event. Round 2 and 3 are well covered.

This post doesn't have a point to make. Just leaving public information where it may be read by those interested.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Ok...it's not a scam, it's just a shit idea being driven by a trail building company known for being pushy arseholes that exist in the froth zone and then dump a project the second it becomes hard. They throw out a magic idea about epic trails that will bring the gnar and spay froth everywhere, relying on other parties to put uP the cash and drive the project. They get paid for their work and move on to the next froth zone, awaiting the call up to come and make over their ordinary quality work. They do the same for clubs and allianes as well. If the cash doesn't come through or the pretrail work gets to hard it's suddenly a sack of shit that's on fire and gets fdropped.

The NSW gov has fuck loads of $$$$ being thrown around for tourism and the department involved is suddenly realising that a lot of other parts of the world are making money out of mountain biking so these clowns can smell easy dollars. Except...most of the cash is theoretically going to be sent to places that aren't so close to the centre of the universe, Sydney. Some sort of effort to revive ritual areas...sound Tasmanian? Hmmmm.

Anyway an existing tourism operator with land would look like juicye low hanging fruit! Unless there was hic-ups. Takes the air out of your froth.

Also if the da does get up it will be valid for a long time. Handy to have of selling as well
You're way too old and wise :).

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I've got a maxxx sick idea biker bros! It will be most seriously epic and more fun than is legal in most states. I just need a little help with the start up. Throw me some dollars and I'll give you good feels on exchange.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Easter 2030 ? What Poodle said will be very close to the truth, even the figure given to build 10km of trail is very doubtful and wishful thinking, let alone the cost of a trail network of 100kms.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I've got a maxxx sick idea biker bros! It will be most seriously epic and more fun than is legal in most states. I just need a little help with the start up. Throw me some dollars and I'll give you good feels on exchange.
Paypal deets please, I'll even send it friends and family for the right number of froth credits.