New Bike Park for Sydney - Glenworth Valley

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Odd post, but whatevs.
The point of the screenshot was to challenge your attempt at minimizing. Less than half of the "investors" paid the minimum $50.
They were all promised goods and services for their 'donations'. When one person makes a point, and 5 or 6 people reply with all kinds of twists to the original comment, of course it starts to look like the one person is over-zealous.

But you already knew that.

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
="cokeonspecialtwodollars, post: 3295791, member: 11448"]
I don't have a copy of any contract, do you? That image you posted pretty clearly says donations next to each of the amounts.
Also says 10x Park pass. I guess the word "donation" must override that.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
The point of the screenshot was to challenge your attempt at minimizing. Less than half of the "investors" paid the minimum $50.
They were all promised goods and services for their 'donations'. When one person makes a point, and 5 or 6 people reply with all kinds of twists to the original comment, of course it starts to look like the one person is over-zealous.

But you already knew that.

I actually didn’t. I assumed you were implying that the page you screengrabbed guaranteed crowdfunders extra information from GVBP. The reason I assumed this was because of my comment that you were responding to.

However I’m happy to say that I don’t think anybody at any of the other donation tiers is promised any info either.

My ‘attempt at minimising’ FFS

FigBo0T

I actually didn’t. I assumed you were implying that the page you screengrabbed guaranteed crowdfunders extra information from GVBP. The reason I assumed this was because of my comment that you were responding to.

However I’m happy to say that I don’t think anybody at any of the other donation tiers is promised any info either.

My ‘attempt at minimising’ FFS
I'm completely lost on your point. I haven't claimed that anyone should have access to the inner workings of the cartel.

"Donate ($xx) and receive (yy)". That is a promise. Also known as a purchase agreement. Could probably be argued to be an extension of a retail contract.
I've already invested more of myself into this argument than I think is healthy, and all I'm doing is repeating my points.

Froth on, believers.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I'm trying very hard to avoid posting in this thread but it needs to be said that some of you need to cool it with some dumb accusations and allegations. If you aren't involved in the project, how in the yankee hododoodley fuck can you possibly muster up the confidence to start slinging shit about it? Here's how I see it:
-The builders and backers are talking it up to get your interest.
-The process takes ages for this stuff to kick on.
-None of the people posting regularly in this thread are part of it
-It's gonna be another place to ride your bike
I'm pals with some of the people involved and have offered them this platform to update us all on what is happening and when it happens. Instead of living out your childhood dream of being a private investigator and looking like a complete fucking tool, how about we kick back and wait for some info on it and not give the impression that regular members of Rotorburn are the one's you want to avoid at a set of trails? It strikes me as odd that many people on this site carry on like boneheads and makes me wonder if some of you actually ride mountain bikes 'cause the bulk of the people I ride with almost everyday around this beaut planet sure as shit don't act like that in person.
Chill out eh?

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Strikes me as odd that the people who have the information aren't willing to hand it out. Is this a idea a secret that can be patented or something?

There's a secret club here that we regular punters are not part of and we want to see what is behind this curtain. Can't even purchase access apparently!

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
@Dozer nailed it.

I’m going to step out of this now as my contract for being a shill for Big Trail is nearly at an end.

Looking forward to my new role as Chief Counsel at Specialized!!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
There's a secret club here that we regular punters are not part of and we want to see what is behind this curtain. Can't even purchase access apparently!
I don't know any more than what the VIP people would but I do admire the people involved in getting this thing happening. There's no secret stuff on my part, just don't want this project being put to shit before it kicks off. ;)

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
To date, there's nearly 700 posts in this thread. 700. If I could be bothered to read it over again then I reckon I'd share over 600 of those posts and call them dumb accusations and allegations.
Are you involved in the project? Are you a land owner or a machinery operator waiting for the green light to get to work or are you just making up fancy fairy floss puffy cloud ideas just to get three post likes?

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Strikes me as odd that the people who have the information aren't willing to hand it out. Is this a idea a secret that can be patented or something?

I don’t have any more information than you, as a VIP member we get a quarterlyish update that is general info only. Most of it went up once launched. For a little while before that we held the secret mwahaha

The bits of info I do have that’s not public knowledge does not leave me worried at all. It’s a big project and must be done right, there is a lot of process to go through.

Now where are my stickers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scotty T

Walks the walk
@Dozer, fair enough, I've had some banter, asked some questions, have only accused them of poor communication on a promotion of a business. Not unfair, given most people expect better from a multi million dollar proposal.

Best of luck to the project. I ride with guys who don't do RB and don't even know this is a thing. I haven't told them. As it stands had I told them it would have been Easter this year. It still is according to the info available.

I hope you weren't accusing me of not riding because I've posted photographic proof ;) Last banter on this topic, I promise.

On the raffle I'll clear that up, having looked at the Insta the bike shop providing the prize, and another is liking it. I am sure John won. But as I alluded to, people film $100 personal raffles on collector groups, and this case was missed opportunity for legitimacy, and marketing. I took the opportunity for banter, and that's all it was.

FigBo0T

To date, there's nearly 700 posts in this thread. 700. If I could be bothered to read it over again then I reckon I'd share over 600 of those posts and call them dumb accusations and allegations.
Are you involved in the project? Are you a land owner or a machinery operator waiting for the green light to get to work or are you just making up fancy fairy floss puffy cloud ideas just to get three post likes?
What is it that you believe I've made up?
Why do you think anyone cares about likes? Are they redeemable? (rhetorical, obviously)
Why does questioning obvious information gaps extract such emotion? (also rhetorical, emotion negates critical thinking)

The nastiness is palpable. Do you want to run me off a track now?

Believers and sceptics ...... sigh .....

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
its a classic case of peaking too early!
shouldn't have promised all the bells a whistles from the get go, as the flaming pitchfork brigade have now waited long enough and now want action
I really do want this thing to kickoff in a big way, as do all the people on here that are also slinging shit at this venture..
they need to sack their PR/Promotions person..how about they throw the dog a bone!