New Bike Park for Sydney - Glenworth Valley

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Fucks sake people, can we stop arguing the little stuff and talk about proper froth...

Don't make me post that pic of the Grim Donut again.

The project is in a mid-stage of the D/A process which incidentally passed the gateway with council on the 2014 application who are now considering the 2018 amendment.

No public document on record exists with this statement.

so it's a waiting game then is it ?

Now where did I leave my bike ?

stirk

Burner
Fark I've just wasted over an hour going through this thread that I'd rather spend riding or tooling. I thought some good news was at hand.

If all the time spent banging on about said new trails was spent building said trails or your own personal ones then perhaps it would be done.

Just don't build next to horses trails ok, the buzzing from hubs would no doubt freak them out ;)

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
The project is in a mid-stage of the D/A process which incidentally passed the gateway with council on the 2014 application who are now considering the 2018 amendment.

No public document on record exists with this statement.
Look again. If you find public documents confusing, contact the council directly.

_______

Is an alien from 2007
But when it does open in the year 3 billion, it'll cover the entire planet and finally feature every grom's dream: a captured orbiting black hole just close enough for a well timed lap to be "endless downhill"... So siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii....

......k bro!

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Any burners in the know, any news on the fabled bike park that may or may not ever happen?
Modifications to the DA are presumably still pending the site inspection. Information which has easily been available for some time. For latest updates, literally all you need to do is call or email council, Covid notwithstanding.

Who knows where their funding position stands now though.

I'm sure the guys probably regret going all out on the frothy marketing, but it still blows my mind the amount of excitement and Schadenfreude some people are packing in the hope that it goes tits up.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Modifications to the DA are presumably still pending the site inspection. Information which has easily been available for some time. For latest updates, literally all you need to do is call or email council, Covid notwithstanding.

Who knows where their funding position stands now though.

I'm sure the guys probably regret going all out on the frothy marketing, but it still blows my mind the amount of excitement and Schadenfreude some people are packing in the hope that it goes tits up.
Never regret the froth!!! Chug it down.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I get what you mean but I'm sure no-one here WANTS it to fail, well I hope not. But I do have to confess to being cynical which is not a normal state for me. I feel the handling of the community they are hoping will be their main market has been very poorly handled. Had they not asked for financial support then I would say fine. But if you want me to pony up $5K you'd better be able to provide a fuckload more information than what was put out there.

I've said it in this thread before, I hope I am wrong and will gladly say publicly I was, should it all go ahead and be as good as their stoke-filled posts would have you believe. I really really want this place to go ahead. But at the moment (current insanity not-withstanding) it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
But if you want me to pony up $5K you'd better be able to provide a fuckload more information than what was put out there.
I agree, and i didn’t personally invest for that reason. I don’t disagree with this point at all. But the ’burners who have put their money in the pot, even if it’s only a couple on here, seem ok with the situation so far.

The thing that shits me about this thread is that some people seem to feel that just because there was froth, they are now owed something regardless of the fact they paid nothing. Others seem to have an axe to grind with the builder.

It‘s not public tax payer money, and the builders are having a go at their idea on private property; many hours of many people’s own time has obviously gone into this, and if it wasn’t a great plan well shit, are we all better for stroking our chins and saying “told ya so” from our couches?