New bike, steerer too short.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
That doesn't sound right, I am thinking they are way out of order, get firm with them and if they fob you off let them know you will take it to the relevant people (whoever they may be, consumer affairs, fair trading, steer tube ombudsman ?) and lodge a formal complaint. I think some of these places should be named and shamed, we spread good words when they do good work so . . . . . . . .
That would be consumer affairs Victoria

https://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/

https://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/sho...with-a-product/does-not-do-what-you-asked-for

https://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/contact-us/resolve-your-problem-or-complaint

Jpez

Down on the left!
It sounds like you may have also had some interesting dealings with a certain shop?

I had a few issues that resulting needing to contact the importer with a WTF about the whole issue.
Yep. But luckily for me just a string of little things, nothing major but a big turn off none the less, and oh yeah the too cool for school attitude.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Do you want to at some point let use know the model of bike or is it a big mystery?

Either:
Demand it fixed and escalate as appropriate or
Give the store manager a high 5 in the face with a chair or
Move on.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Seen a pic of their fitting a shock not only back to front but also upside down (reservoir shock). It hit the frame when suspension was compressed. Such fuckwittering
Would be great to get confirmation of the shop as I reckon there would be a lot of stories of fuckwittery from that mob. Thankfully nothing myself (they have actually been reasonably helpful though expensive with small parts) but my mate who has had work done there has often had to fix stupid shit afterwards himself or take the bike back repeatedly to get things sorted out as they should have been first time.

sukebe

Likes Dirt
Really wanted to like Your Large Hill as it is so close to home but every experience has been a bad one. More recently have discovered a new store that carries amazing bikes that sit on the summit of the mtbing world, but unfortunately their business practices are way down in the deep gullies. I have heard many examples of dodgy frame and build swaps across models and manufacturers, or customers being sold a 'custom' build that is in actual fact the built kit from a compete bike by a different manufacturer. There is bound to be the odd example where a fork from, for example, a medium frame has been swapped out to a different large frame, resulting in the exact issue the OP has experienced.

pineapplehead

Likes Dirt
I was pointed toward this thread recently and am keen to confirm which shop this is. If it's the one I'm thinking of then I too have been done over by them. Came away feeling not quite right about the service I had received and won't be going back there. Very unsatisfactory level of work done and an attitude that wasn't particularly welcoming.

Your large hill..? No, it's a mole hill and it's mine.