New bike time - suggestions?

atty

Has excellent taste.
Thanks @Tubbsy @The Reverend trails are very mixed. Local trails are mixed from flowy singletrack, rocky trails, fireroad, all types of dirt and some cough actual roads to link trails up lots of pedaling up & down.

Cheers @Jpez really need to ride one by the sounds of it.
There is extra drag on the pulley, and if your trails were smooth hard pack then I'd say get something conventional. Turning the derailleur clutch off makes a big difference when pedalling, but a pain to turn on and off. I leave mine off all the time now.

Another consideration is that the chain stay is super long, and only gets longer through its travel, so you won't get that short chain stay feeling. I dig the planted feel though, but it might be something you want to consider.

I'd say I'm moderately fit, but find that this bike climbs dam well. Way better than my 2018 Enduro, which on paper should be the better climber.

I've been using this bike for mostly enduro/dh style riding and can say I've never ridden faster in my life, the bike feels that good on the rocky, high speed stuff. But if I were to only use the bike as a trail bike then I think I might look for something lighter and more nimble, probably the Stump Jumper tbh.

But, who knows, I think bikes can change ones riding style, I used to like flowy hard pack and now I'm chasing the rockier stuff and slowly working my way up to bigger features.

If you were to get the highlander I'd stay away from any air shock though. Get the DB inline coil and fit a Ti coil, the weight is comparable to a light air shock.

End of my opinion.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
It's out of my league and I believe it's been a long time since anyone has done it, that's why there are 5 of them with phones out recording it.

I spent the next 13hrs in emergency, went home at 2am then back again at 6am to pick his broken ass up.