New Cassette

One Big Mistake

Likes Bikes
i just bought a titanium freehub thing and i read somewhere that your not supposed to use a steel cassette..is this true? and if it is who makes a good aluminum one or whatever i need? 8 speed if it matters..and hopefully somewhat compact.. thanks...

Rik

logged out
Titanium freewheel body?
What you're after is something like a Shimano one with an aluminium carrier, or a SRAM with plastic carrier. Both companies offer something to suit you, they'll be XT/Ultegra level, but if you can afford a titanium freewheel body, you can afford a good cassette :p

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
We have some 8 speed durace- road ones at work. Old stock, good price. Pm me.

Rik

logged out
Do they have the alu carrier and top 4 Ti sprockets? yummy yum yum, if you're a DH'er with an 8spd system, snap them up!

One Big Mistake

Likes Bikes
sorry, i wouldnt really be able to get those from you as im in the states, and i ride trials so im not sure about a titanium sprocket, but then again this freehub thing is the first titanium piece ive ever run on my bike, but if thats strong enough i dont see why a sprocket would be..um..anyway..is there a way you can see if the cassette has an aluminum carrier or not? like a change in color or anything?