New dh bike

supadan808

Likes Bikes
hey guy

iam in serch of a new DH bike

i currently have a giant faith 2 with 888 on it

i was at the world champs at stromlo and seen some new and interesting looking bikes but cant remember there brands.

but any help with some brands of new DH bikes would be much appreciated

thanks
Dan

supadan808

Likes Bikes
lol as much as i need to but iam thinking iam gonna go with the mongoose bootR team 2010.. as it looks the bomb and has some really nice components on it and i am getting a really nice price on it

aidz44

Likes Dirt
yes morewood bike are very nice, but pricey.
if your going to buy a mongoose Boot'r team, then do that and buy another frame to put the good components on. i dont thing mongoose has EVER been competetive on the DH scene.

possible better off looking at a sunday or another Giant Glory

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
if your going to buy a mongoose Boot'r team, then do that and buy another frame to put the good components on. i dont thing mongoose has EVER been competetive on the DH scene.

Well that was a dumb post wasn't it? So many people these days make couch comments. It's amazing what marketing can do.

Mick Hannah destroyed the competition on a Mongoose. AMB reviewed the 2009 model and said it was one of the best off-the-shelf DH bikes going (should be even better 2010) and the frame and suspension was wicked if you want to be more active on the bike. Steve Romo shreds on a 'goose too.

But really, there are horses for courses. Go to a shop or ride a few friends bikes and see what suits you best.

bur182

Likes Bikes

ummm.... are you high?

racketbear_112

Likes Dirt

what about andrew neathinly and eric porter do they mean nothing.

Cloaked STP

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Mongoose Boot'r Team is a really nice bike, I was looking at one of them before I bought the Cove.

And for anyone thinking they are shit look at Mick Hannah won the 09 Nationals on one, Josh Button tore arse on the WC as a privateer on one.

The freedrive system works very well, and the only reason I went for the Cove Shocker is because it was at a Ridicoulus price.

supadan808

Likes Bikes
that all for your input but the 2 bikes i can get at an awsome price are the bootr team 2010 and the giant glory 0 but the glory is so much more expencive so iam thinking for the price iam gonna go the goose

ordie

Likes Bikes

?????mate you dont no what your on about?????

jakey_trickster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If brand names are what your after, Look into:
  1. Ironhorse
  2. Kona
  3. Intense
  4. Giant
  5. Foes
  6. Tomac
  7. Commencal
  8. GT
  9. Santa Cruz
  10. Norco
  11. Trek
  12. Turner
  13. Orange
But for a good price and Spec list, I agree with the comments on the Boot'r, also Ironhorse team are good for the price, look on TBSM for example.
Giants new Glory is looking better and is lighter then ever, good spec list on that, Have a look around at your local bike shops, but for the cheapest option buying on line is often better.
Hope that helps.

Yeti-Brenno

Likes Dirt
bike?

well well well..
theres always the 2010 santa cruz v-10 that steve peat won worlds on and greg minaar got second?
otherwise you could look at the 2010 specialized demo 8 that sam and brendan both ride.

supadan808

Likes Bikes
i would if the shop my bro works at can do itbut they carnt get specialized, so it is between the bootr and the glory 0. but apparently they arent bringing in any of the 2010 mongoose modles as they are far cheeper then all the 09 stock they have

MeLL

Squid
hey

hey guys,
im Mel, i do xc but i really badly want to start doing downhilling. Im thinking about getting a dh bike and i was thinking about getting a specialized demo, iron horse or a GT. Do they go alright??