New Enduro fork... I want one!

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Well, it seems I am shit out of luck at the minute with forks! I put an Avalanche damper into my new Lyrik fork and after two rides I'm noticing they have bushing play too lol

Nowhere near as much as the Mezzer's but enough to be able to feel it knocking over repeated high speed movements. No big deal I suppose, I'll just get them sized correctly but again it highlights the shit tolerances they must have for production forks.

And for info. I had been running the 44mm offset Mezzer in the Levo and changed to the 51mm offset Lyrik. I wasn't expecting to feel much of a difference but after two rides I definitely can. I tend to lean quite heavily on the front on corner entry and with the 51mm offset it has a increased tendency to go into understeer, enough to make me dial it back slightly going in. Mid corner doesn't feel as planted either but that could be me being put off by how it feels going in. There is enough of a difference to make me order a lower offset CSU for the Lyrik (the Levo is designed for a 51 offset so this is all just personal handling preference).

teK--

Eats Squid
Well, it seems I am shit out of luck at the minute with forks! I put an Avalanche damper into my new Lyrik fork and after two rides I'm noticing they have bushing play too lol

Nowhere near as much as the Mezzer's but enough to be able to feel it knocking over repeated high speed movements. No big deal I suppose, I'll just get them sized correctly but again it highlights the shit tolerances they must have for production forks.

And for info. I had been running the 44mm offset Mezzer in the Levo and changed to the 51mm offset Lyrik. I wasn't expecting to feel much of a difference but after two rides I definitely can. I tend to lean quite heavily on the front on corner entry and with the 51mm offset it has a increased tendency to go into understeer, enough to make me dial it back slightly going in. Mid corner doesn't feel as planted either but that could be me being put off by how it feels going in. There is enough of a difference to make me order a lower offset CSU for the Lyrik (the Levo is designed for a 51 offset so this is all just personal handling preference).
If I'm not mistaken, with the Rockshox lowers you can't get replacement bushes. They can hone bushings which are undersized, but if they are too sloppy then it is time for new lowers. I would think it is warranty in that case on a brand new fork, but such pain you will have to put your Charger damper back in before sending away.

kten

If I'm not mistaken, with the Rockshox lowers you can't get replacement bushes. They can hone bushings which are undersized, but if they are too sloppy then it is time for new lowers. I would think it is warranty in that case on a brand new fork, but such pain you will have to put your Charger damper back in before sending away.
Thanks for the info, I'll be having a chat with the shop tomorrow to confirm all of that because I would think if I'm putting a new CSU into the lowers the bushes would need to be fettled too (they have done with every other Fox fork I've had a new CSU put in).

I just checked the cyclinic website and in their level 3 and 4 fork service for Rockshox it says 'Test lower leg bushings for wear, and replace if necessary' so hopefully that's a good sign.

Last edited:

link1896

Mr Greenfield
RS bushings have a part number. Price is rude. That’s usd. Go postal and demand warranty for any forks exhibiting bushing slop.

I’ve found after market bushings in the past that suit, what’s used in forks are just hydraulic glide rings, for a lot less then the genuine prices.

They are replaceable, and both fox and RS have tools for honing.

teK--

Eats Squid
RS bushings have a part number. Price is rude. That’s usd. Go postal and demand warranty for any forks exhibiting bushing slop.

I’ve found after market bushings in the past that suit, what’s used in forks are just hydraulic glide rings, for a lot less then the genuine prices.

They are replaceable, and both fox and RS have tools for honing.

Looks promising. Maybe it was just in the context of Pikes then, where I was told cannot change bushings.

Edit: just saw the price... What the actual fuck? Does that come with a matching set of crown steerers or something

Last edited:

_______

Is an alien from 2007
lol wut? iirc fox charged ~$60 for a set (32/34/36/40 didn't matter much), though that might've been trade...

did a set of 66s in the UK for about $38 "back in the day".

Either RS shave their teflon from the backs of unicorns or that 35mm stanchion dimension was a real ticket to Bespokesville...

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere

Did you send mezzer back for fix up? They were due for parts on the 16th in USA. Can't decide on which offset for the mullet. Frames make for 160mm front, running 140mm to watch 140mm rear. So thatll balance it out. Really need to look at the wheelbase I guess. No review on the mara, wanted coil but Mrp are dreaming for the hazard when there's no feedback.

kten

Did you send mezzer back for fix up? They were due for parts on the 16th in USA. Can't decide on which offset for the mullet. Frames make for 160mm front, running 140mm to watch 140mm rear. So thatll balance it out. Really need to look at the wheelbase I guess. No review on the mara, wanted coil but Mrp are dreaming for the hazard when there's no feedback.
Still waiting. Not sure if they'll just send me replacement forks or just the lowers (they have hinted at both options at different times). Both my Mezzers have bushing play, one is excessive so I don't use that fork but the other is sensational.