New Enduro fork... I want one!

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah, I’d take it with a grain of salt.
Reviews online are rarely reliable, IMHO. Industry and media more often than not have a vested interest, and individuals want to justify their purchase (no one wants to admit spending big bucks on a dud).
Going on my fantastic experience with 3 sets of Mattocs, but the generally average bike site reviews, I’m not put off the mezza...other than by the current price.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Manitou just need to screw up the torque settings for a topcap and have a recall. When that happened to Ohlins everyone forgot about their bushing slap.

And to be honest, I prefer to have bushing slop to bushing binding which I've ofyen had on new RS and Fox forks.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Paul Aston mentioned in his little instagram mini review that he experienced the bushing play as well. And Kazimer in the comments also said that he reached out to Manitou about it and has yet to received a response, that he'll add in anything he hears back if they respond to him.

Also if you read the comments on the NSMB lookover, a user is noting the bushing slop back in Sept 24th, so not just an opinion that's following the Pinkbike review saying it.
Nice. I look forward to the price slash......

deano

Likes Dirt
There is something going on be it bushing slop or something else. I wanted a 29 in short offset but didn't want to pay $999usd plus shipping plus GST. I checked online stores and couldn't see any. Emailed a couple of stores who had regular offset, they both said they wanted them but manitou were not able to supply or advise when they could. I bit the bullet, signed up for a freight forwarding account, ordered off manitou website as the only place with stock of short offset 29. The order went through then was cancelled. I emailed manitou to enquire. They came back a few days later saying there was no stock and production is paused. Guess they're trying to sort the bushing slop being reported. Bought a lyrik.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
There is something going on be it bushing slop or something else. I wanted a 29 in short offset but didn't want to pay $999usd plus shipping plus GST. I checked online stores and couldn't see any. Emailed a couple of stores who had regular offset, they both said they wanted them but manitou were not able to supply or advise when they could. I bit the bullet, signed up for a freight forwarding account, ordered off manitou website as the only place with stock of short offset 29. The order went through then was cancelled. I emailed manitou to enquire. They came back a few days later saying there was no stock and production is paused. Guess they're trying to sort the bushing slop being reported. Bought a lyrik.
Sounds similar to my ordering process except I got a happy ending with a discounted fork.

My 160 travel Mezzer has some bushing slop but it goes away beyond sag point so can't be felt on the trail. My 150 travel Mezzer has much less so the 10mm more insertion makes a difference (yes I'm a fork slut and have two). There is a fix in the works apparently and I've been told to keep riding so I'm not concerned. Such a good bit of kit.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
There is an issue with bushings in some forks, Manitou became aware of it a few weeks ago, are addressing it and will make a statement soon. Anyone with an affected fork will obviously be looked after.

mark22

Likes Dirt
Ooohh would we be so kind if RS or Fox released a new Enduro fork with bushing tolerance issue's. Nice to see the lack of bias here though...