New Enduro fork... I want one!

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Fox couldn’t make a 34 two years ago without huge bushing slop at one point. It requires care. It requires someone from engineering to oversee QC at the factory. That’s a bastard role
no engineer wants.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Manitou just need to screw up the torque settings for a topcap and have a recall. When that happened to Ohlins everyone forgot about their bushing slap.

And to be honest, I prefer to have bushing slop to bushing binding which I've ofyen had on new RS and Fox forks.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Rode a brand new Trek Fuel Ex 7 while in QLD recently and the fork was binding terribly. The guys at the place I hired from thought maybe the seals were too tight and he might be right. Either way, it’s a bit shit when something that costs over a thousand dollars is not properly sorted (talking about the fork not the bike).

I’m starting to actually feel pretty good about buying Suntour. Lots of nice details, solid as hell and riding like a dream so far....

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Ooohh would we be so kind if RS or Fox released a new Enduro fork with bushing tolerance issue's. Nice to see the lack of bias here though...
You mean years of rs getting away with no oil, or fox doing years of flaking pitting kashima coating and creaking csus?

Shredden

Knows his goats
All this talk of Rockshox forks not coming properly filled with oil from the factory... I've got 10 ride old 2019 Charger Yaris that came OEM on my bike, should I drop the lowers and change the oil pre-emptively?

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
All this talk of Rockshox forks not coming properly filled with oil from the factory... I've got 10 ride old 2019 Charger Yaris that came OEM on my bike, should I drop the lowers and change the oil pre-emptively?
Just pull them off horizontally and have a look inside. That's what I did with my Lyrik when I changed travel. They had enough oil btw.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
View attachment 356607
Free DHL shipping included.

$500 less, no bushing play, can be entirely self serviced with two sockets, a shifter and some oils/grease, has service ports to refresh oil in the lowers and keep her running smoothly.

I think bushing play issues are over stated anyway and something you would rarely (if ever feel) and only ever notice if your eyes are looking where they shouldn't be when it matters...down at your front wheel.
The biggest issue with the Mezzer is that it's now competing on price with Formula Selva's and Ohlins RFX36s. It completely blows over the cost of MRP Ribbons, Cane Creek Helms, DVO Diamonds, X-Fusion Trace 36 and Marzocchi Z1's by a solid $300-400 and is still on par with the industry standards of the Fox 36 and the Lyrik.

The reason Pike's got so good when they launched was because we could fly them in from Germany at about $600 a pop. Now the Fox 36 at the time was still a brilliant fork, but it wasn't worth the price tag compared to the Pike. Mezzer's has some seriously stiff competition that you could slap on a bike without a second thought and love just as much (if not more), while pocketing the cost of a solid short holiday to take the bike on.
I've had the MRP coil, DVO Diamond, Fox 34 Factory, Fox 36 factory and elite (Grip/Grip2/FIT4/FIT4 vorspunged), Lyrik Select.....my Mezzer is better than them all. I was going to go the Ohlins, I liked the idea of being able to go coil or air back and forth with the cartridge but the Mezzer became available first and was cheaper (Ohlins is a $2k fork).

A Mezzer landed is about $1600 (assuming you aren't unlucky and get stung with customs but I think you would find that Hayes would look after you anyway and you would be up for much less than you think if customs did decide to be bothered). A new Lyrik is $1400. A new Fox 36 is over $1500.

No bias, I just like good suspension..

kten

U wot M8?!

$1600-$1700 for an RFX36

In any case, I think you miss the point. It's not that it's a bad fork, im sure it's not. Its juat you pay a lot more percentage wise, than you will get performance wise.
It costs 50% more than an MRP Ribbon, and it wont be 50% better.

I love my Formula Selva, but it cost a whole lot for what it is, and I can only recommend it while noting that, given the purchase again; I'd likely grab a Ribbon, Diamond, Trace 36 or Durolux instead and pocket the difference. Or be super content with buying into the romance of a fork like it, because the other option is buyers remorse.
That's the 'old' Ohlins. They put the EVO kit thru those to try and sell them lol New RXF36 M2 is $2K

I got the point and for the $$ I paid for the Mezzer the performance gain was proportional over all others that I've tried except for the MRP....I can't over emphasise how shit that fork was (maybe I got a bad one just like Mike)

kten

Be interested to know what you disliked about the Ribbon; I've got one on my G13 and have no complaints whatsoever.
It's not a Selva, but the Selva cost me $600 more. I love my Selva, and i bought it to be matchy with my EXT italian shock on my designer European bike, and it thankfully performs up yo expectation. But im not kidding myself that if it were a fonancial decision, Id be buying a Durolux/Ribbon/Trace 36 and pocketing the difference.
The Ribbon Coil was wrong from day one. It had an excessive amount of stiction but the biggest gripe was how it would spike and feel like it had locked solid on landing a decent jump. First time it happened I stopped immediately because it just felt like a massive bottom out only to find the indicator ring on the fork leg nowhere near full travel. I couldn't perservere with this fork and work out exactly what was going on (could have been a faulty damper, could have been bushings) as I had a bike trip a week after purchase so it got returned and I bought the Diamond instead but it has left a lasting memory lol

Reactions: Zaf