New? Feel free to say g'day here.

Mikka

Squid
G'day everyone ... Checked out this site LONG ago .. but headed down the ashpalt instead. This place has GROWN!!!!!!!

I've been riding a roadie as a commuter but my kids (and my girlfriend) are dragging me into a bumpy world. I'd better learn to bump along with 'em or I'll be sitting on the footpath fixing punctures all day.

I'm a geriatric compared to most of you .. but anyone who chucks a leg over and rides ANYTHING is young at heart ...:D

FSR XC

Squid
Hey,
Im new to the forums and only just really starting to get into MTB riding.
Im 24 and live in Adelaide, S.A and i can mostly be found riding the trails at Eagle Park.
I own a '09 Specialized FSR XC PRO, '09 Giant Yukon (for sale) and an ABD Eight Up 24" BMX (kinda custom)
FSR XC.

Guzto

Cannon Fodder
oi

Hey bikers, new to mountain biking and recently finished the jetblack 12hr. loving it sooo much I have been invited to ride the scott and I am looking to get a new bike and would love some advice from others than those wanting my cash from the local bike shop. any ideas???? my current bike is a giant hardtail alias.
Guz

Fadli

Squid
Hi

hey guys,

i'm Fadli, i'm living in Canberra and i'm new in here

i ride XC/DH :cool:

dont mind riding a bit of DJ when there around :D

see yaa

wagga

Likes Bikes
Hi

Hi guys,

Been reading for a while so I thought I had better sign up.

Ride and race XC mainly around the wagga area.

Daniel

StixRidersXD

Likes Dirt
new to rotorburn :)

good day everyone

I'm Neil, I'm from Alice Springs. I race motocross and i race bmx aswell. I also play basketball for NT side. My mates got me into downhilling since last year. A few days ago it was raining(rarely in alice springs to happen) so we decided to hit some track and it was awesome :). We may not have big hills like some other states but we've got a few decent DH tracks that goes for 1-2mins.
I ride a specialized bighit expert 2005 model and its in decent condition. i also have norco sasquash, norco 125 and black pearl(bmx) for parks and dirt. As of now im still browsing for any good deals so i could get a better DH bike then head east coast to try some proper DH racing.

anyway i gotta go
have a good one everyone

neil

Tristan D

Likes Bikes
hey

hey guys im tristan, i'm 13 and I ride cross country, downhill and four cross for barker college. Im pretty new to mountain biking and all tips/hints are appreciated:D

sedition.

Likes Bikes
Hey fellas.
I was made aware of the site quite a while ago by a classmate, but never visited. Well I've finally joined up.
I'm quite hard to pigeonhole, been riding the two wheels on dirt since 96 and yet to find one type of riding I like more than another - it's all good!
I've been a proponent of having one do-it-all bike, but despite this I now have acquired 3 bikes somehow :confused: The latest being a DH bike and looking to get into the sport sometime next year which has been a plan of mine ever since the good ol' Chainsmoke days trying to emulate the Palm on my XC bike.:)

Roaster

Cannon Fodder
Hey there

My name is Ro - short-time lurker and first time poster.

Bit about me - had bikes all my life to get around but only really got into recreational MTB about 4 years ago, so I am still learning a lot about how to ride well.

I've done a few biking things worth a mention I guess - couple of gong rides, mont24, scott24 coming up, and last year I went to china and did a 560km ride over 5 days. Bit of a chicken when it comes to big air - best i've ever managed is my profile pic.

Have a hardtail - just an entry level trek6300 so nothing flash, but it takes me where I need to go (stromlo, manly dam, work etc)

I joined here for a couple of reasons, including looking for another body for the Scott24, and to ask advice about mods and tech queries - specifically seeking anyone who has had experience fitting 700C wheels (with associated cassette / disc rotors etc) to a MTB frame, as I am a bit over changing tyres every time I want to switch from road to dirt (and I am too tight to buy a new bike).

So that is me.

hi!

madridingengineer

Likes Dirt
Gday-newish to mtb

Gday fellas

well ive only recently got into mtb riding. It started with buying a giant 'rock' just to get fit and ride to and from work and thats when the fun started- i dropped 8kg(mostly beer gut) and started to ride as much as possible, then myself and a couple of other mates started building tracks out the back of mine and i realised what i had been missing and that id need a newer/stronger bike.

i managed to pick up an old avanti hotdog cheap from a mate of a mate and have been riding that ever since-but still looking to get a giant reign x0 or norco six 2 in the future (poor as now) and trying to get better at the whole freeride/ semi downhill thing

so yeah thats pretty much me.

CalebDruhan

Likes Bikes
Hey my names caleb I live in queensland I ride a Avanti Atomik looking for new bike (norco 250 or havoc). Just started on forums heard about it from friend I ride at Brendale bmx track, bangalow jump and IGA jumps.

rollingrambo

Likes Dirt
hi im kane, im 22 and live in central vic.
i've just got back into riding about 12 months ago after a few years off the bike. i bought a felt straight shot and a rock machine downhill bike but they were stolen within a week of purchasing them. i have gathered some funds and bought myself a '09 gt ruckus sx and an oryx dh02. obviously i like riding downhill and dirt jumping. hanging for eildon

FSR XC

Squid
hi im kane, im 22 and live in central vic. i bought a felt straight shot and a rock machine downhill bike but they were stolen within a week of purchasing them. i have gathered some funds and bought myself a '09 gt ruckus sx and an oryx dh02.
Did you not have insurance? Or home and contents insurance didnt pay out?

Nole

Squid
New chick on a bike

Hey, My name's Nicole. I'm currently living the dream in Whistler, Canada riding park but am returning to Sydney in a couple of months. I'm currently riding a SC bullit but am thinking changing to a nomad to make the uphills a little easier back home. If any one has any suggestions if this is a good idea or not am up for input.

I'm looking for some people who can show me fun spots in the Sth Syd area. I'm into jumps, drops, rock rolls and tech...

unonumu

Likes Bikes
Hey Guys,

My name is James. I ride a 2008 specialized big hit fsr (custom) and love Riding Downhill all the time. sometimes i like to ride a bit of park and dj (even though im not that good haha:p)

I love rotorburn, my 2nd fav site from www.pedalbite.com, loves it!!

Cya boys :cool:

rui

Cannon Fodder
good day, I am rui from Singapore. New to this forum... just getting into MTB recently. Currently looking out to get a AM / FR bike within a suitable budget. Not sure if anyone has traded overseas before. Would like to hear from u if you have buy or sell complete bike outside of Australia. cheers.

hsv

Squid
Hey

Hey Guys, My names Rob I like riding downhill and XC.
Im from Wollongong and Keen to find more people to ride with.:D

hey guys my name is joel. I'm 22 and from melbourne and have just come off a long long break from riding. Haven't ridden since 2004 really when I was riding mainly street and dj with mates. Looking to get back into it again. Used to ride a kona stuff but looking for a new bike now.

mini_man

Likes Bikes
hey guys my name is joel. I'm 22 and from melbourne and have just come off a long long break from riding. Haven't ridden since 2004 really when I was riding mainly street and dj with mates. Looking to get back into it again. Used to ride a kona stuff but looking for a new bike now.
Fire of Heaven/Altar of Earth?