New? Feel free to say g'day here.

macca_1972

Likes Dirt
Hey everyone,

Been a long time lurker, this is my first post. My name's Matt, from Brisbane and I ride Daisy Hill quite often. Been riding for about 12 years now (I'm 37).

My current bike is a 2001 Schwinn Moab hardtail (the last year of decent Schwinns!) that I purchased new in Nov 2000 when I was living in the USA. It has received many upgrades over the years, the only original bits left on the frame are the cranks and front derailleur. I'll post details of it in the XC "Post your ride" thread soon.

I am about to introduce my 16yo nephew to mountain biking, I plan on buying myself a dual sus bike and he can come out with me on the hardtail. Currently tossing up between a 2005 Scott Genius and a 2008 Trance X2 that I have seen for sale. Decisions, decisions......

Just got back from the Canberra worlds too, what an awesome event! Was lucky enough to attend Rotorua in '06 as well.

Cheers,
Matt

itspoisontime

Likes Bikes
hi i'm andrew, 26 yo, central coast. Just getting back into mtb'ing after about 8 years off the bike (drifted away for a bit). Couple of guys at work have been goin downhilling lately so i went for a run with them the other day and i'v been re-hooked!.. bang, snakebite! also wikid keen on surfing, hiking, any excuse to get outdoors really, pretty stoked to be back on the bike!

maxxim

Squid
Hey,
I'm Drew, 25 and from Melbourne, been riding bikes for long enough and hope to never stop. Currently running an Ironhorse Warrior Comp (Hardtail XC) which i have had for 5 or so years but looking to get a bit more radical and currently looking at 4 & 5 inch travel bikes. (Pivots, Yetis & Giants are currently on the radar...)

Looking to get into some more group riding, skill-ing up to start competing and generally ride more and this seems to be a great place to start!

I live nearby the yarra trails so if anyone is keen or currently already rides them (night or day, rain or shine i am keen) drop me a line!

Cheers for now!

djohnny

Squid
hey my name is john im from brisbane been reading the forums for ages thought it was bout time i jumped aboard! ride downhill freeride and just ride around i guess ive been riding for 2 years im 24, i ride a banshee chapelle tricked out.. just started to hit some bigger stuff.. go riding at gold coast gap creek daisy hill some other places... hope to learn more stuff from this forum!

Warfare

Likes Bikes
Hey all, name's Mark, I'm a lifelong Adelaideian just getting back into riding after a fairly long hiatus. I just turned 24, used to do a lot of DJ back when I was 9-15, then stopped after they turned all our locals into golf course, rode flatland for a while, skateboarded from when I was 18-now, then early this year I saw an '09 Mongoose Ritual Dirt Hi and I had to buy it :eek:. Probably should have done some more research but hey, it's pretty nice and keeps me entertained! Currently researching dualies, looking at a Reign X or something that can do anything I feel like taking on. Hoping to learn a lot from these forums and hopefully getting some more downhill, XC, AM experience soon as it's something I've always wanted to do. Oh that and build some jumps & trails, although doing it legally is something I'll have to work on coming from a DJ background... I appreciate the issues involved now far better than back then though!

chippits

Likes Bikes
new

g'day im from bendigo and im new to rotorburn and mtb and i just wanted to say hi and that does anyone have any advice to do with mtb?

cheers

hey guys. i'm from england moved out here a couple years ago, used to race motocross 24/7 but now out here i've just started getting into bmx. would appreciate all the help i can get from you guys on here. thanks

Nutta

Squid
Hey fellas
Names Brad. I'm also a long time lurker. thought I'd join up and say hello. I'm from SW WA but living in Brisbane. Looking forward to sampling QLDs trails.
I have an 04 AC2 with pikes. Which is currently in the mail from home (thanks mum) and also still own my first bike which is a Trek 4300.
I'm up for any riding. XC, Downhill/FR play but flowy singletrack is my fave. Also about to put a deposit on a 08 Rocky Mountain ETSX-70 and maybe I'll race some team endurance stuff when I'm fit.

Oh yeah and I'm bloody proud to be an Australian.
Cheers

Howdy guys,

I've been coming here a bit lately so I thought I might say hi. My names Mick and I'm 26 and living in Brisbane at the moment. I’m just getting into mtb after spending a few years on dirt/road bikes. Now that they are all sold I've got my self a mongoose hardtail which I have been commuting to work on and getting out in some of the forestry up on the northside. I've mainly been riding to lose weight but have re-found the fun of riding though the bush (-motor!). I hope to gain as much knowledge off you guys as I can

Cheers!

Hey guys,
I'm Er-Chih, prounced er chi, I was reading through and found this:)
I have always been the kid on the side line watching everyone, but I now its time for me to have a go, I try to DJ and street but still in learning process, I own a single speed stp (the most cliched bike in history). I live in wollongong and I'm not sure where all the jumps or tracks are here, but I'll find them!
thanks

sandford

Cannon Fodder
I'm new!

Hi All,

I'm Michael and I'm getting back on the mountain bike. I won't be competing or anything, I'll just be doing enough to get on the trails on the weekends. I've just moved to Melbourne so i'm keen to head up and check out the alpine region a bit.

I rebuilding my bike too so that will be adding to the fun.

See you around

scarman

Cannon Fodder
I am a newbie

Hi all,
My name is Mick, I am 28 and living in nelson bay at the moment. I ride a Trek Ex8 and keen to use it. I wanna start doing some of the endouro events in a team for fun but need to get my fitness back up to scratch after sitting on my arse and drinking beer when i wasnt working in the uk earlier this year.

August

Squid
Hi.
my name is August and i ride DH, i usually ride at oxford falls and I'm looking into other locations to ride.

I'm currently injured but will be back on a bike in about a week after 3 off my bike. I ride a Specialized BigHit 1 2008 and I'm going to get a new bike in a few weeks or so, probably glory 01, demo 7
and maybe a high end 2nd hand one.

I ride with a mate usually but i also ride with my school group. we only do DH twice a term and 4x twice too. Its mostly XC but i dont mind it too much. I'm thinking about getting into racing but i don't want to rush it. :eek:

C'ya around. :cool:

a.brasington

Likes Bikes
Ello there,

I am from Sydney and into all things XC, and I love the single track!

Must admit I only came on here to try to sell or trade my bike for a new one, but it seems to be full of such juicy gossip that I decided to stay :D

What else can I say? Fav place to ride is weekends away to Canberra, so I can do laps of Stromlo, and play around in Majura Pines.

Into all types of cycling, recently built a commuter, have a nice roadie, and am on my way to getting a nice serious XC hardtail.

FluFfrAG

Cannon Fodder
So i'm new....

Used to be on the good ol' farkin forums, but have been away from the riding scene for a while, and have come back to this forum.....So I guess that makes me a newb again....?

With that in mind, i'm from the Northern Beaches and am looking to get back into DH again.

At the moment I ride a fixie. You don't like em'? Too bad cause they are GREAT!!

T

wakeler

Squid
Hi another Sydney rider, Im Wakes and I have just got the MTB bug. I hve been riding for about 6 months and ride mostly at Red Hill and Manly dam in Sydneys Northern Beaches. Im not to sure what style I like the best but I mostly ride xcountry.

Fyro

Likes Bikes
HI, im Adam, im 15 (and 1/2 :p), only recently in the last few monthjs got into DH, used to ride BMX, but better on a MTB than anything, live in the hills in Adelaide.

Bought myself an '-6 Mongoose HardLuck from another forum and love it, thinking of racing when the season starts up next year. Enjoy xbox, hangin around with mates (on bikes) sometimes do a bit of DJ but usually finding and doing various downhill tracks in the adelaide hills.

:D

jy-li

Cannon Fodder
new guy

hi there im new round these parts, be good to see wats wat but first im having probs with profile pic help